It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

njffrsn803 HB User
painful mouth

My gums are swollen,my jaw is swollen and it hurts to open my mouth to eat. My glands are swollen as well and it hurts to swallow my saliva or anything else. The entire right side of my mouth feels like someone punched me in the jaw and I can feel a lump under my jaw and chin as I press. I have heard that this could be my wisdom tooth but I am not quite sure and I just recently lost my job and can't afford to see a dentist right away so I have been using oral analgesic gel and gargling with warm salt water to make it feel better but it doesn't. My ear is also hurting. What could it be?

Old 10-17-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: painful mouth

Hi,

It sounds as though there is a big time infection brewing. You really MUST get to a dentist for an evaluation and antibiotics. It won't go away without medical intervention. The pain may go away but the bacteria will still be in the tooth or surrounding area and the bone holding in your teeth will be dissolved. The teeth where this happens will fail.

With what you described, it's a serious infection with complications involving the lymph nodes and surrounding tissue. You MUST get to a dentist or go to your local Emergency Room. Do NOT let this go. Your general health depends on it.

My very best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
njffrsn803 (10-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

njffrsn803 HB User

Thank yo so much Gellia..I am going to the ER today and maybe they point me in a direction that I can actually afford because the swelling has gotten worse and the pain is long and dull,very agonizing and I can bear a great extent of pain but not this time. This kind of pain makes my whole body hurt.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

I'm so glad you are doing something. GOOD LUCK. Please let us know how you do.

My best to you,
Gellia

Closed Thread