It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
(male)

Frankly89 HB User
Exclamation Help! Huge pain!

Ok, so today I woke up at like 5am with the most WRECKLESS PAIN! I'm 16years old and Had a 'crown' or 'cover' on my second Molar tooth around 4-5 days ago, and it gave me no pain until now, Just SLIGHTLY touching it causes severe pain.

The sort of pain you get when a dentist cleans your tooth and it hurts your nerves because that air he blows in is so damn cold.. it's worse than biting ice cream.

My wisdom tooth is also growing, beneath the gums im not sure if its growing straight or colliding yet.. so I'm not sure if thats effecting it.

I heard its my nerves dying (I WISH IT IS) or i need a root canal. Anything to get rid of the nerves in this freaking tooth will help!

Does a root canal hurt? how long is the procedure? do i have to keep my mouth open for 2 straight hours? how do i avoid gagging on my salavi while keeping my mouth open?

Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Help! Huge freaking pain!

It's normal to have some pain after dental work, but that sounds excessive. Call the dentist back and let him know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
I hope by the time you have read this you will have seen your dentist. Perhaps you have already had a root canal done.

If not, the pain involved in a root canal is minimal compared to the pain it sounds like you are experiencing now.

Please let us know how you are after you see your dentist again. He/She is the only one that can really help with this.

GOOD LUCK!!
My very best to you,
Gellia

Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
(male)

Frankly89 HB User

Thanks! went to dentist, got an x-ray he said i need to do a root canal by monday, my first root canal...

Old 10-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
GOOD! I'm so glad you will be getting some relief.

GOOD LUCK, but I'm confident you won't need it. Do come back and let us know how you did. We love success stories.

My very best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
Frankly89 (10-24-2011)
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Help! Huge pain!

Glad you got it figured out.

A root canal is not that bad. My husband's had several, and the dentist usually provides painkillers, but he doesn't take them.

You might have to come back later to have the crown put on the tooth, though.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
(female)

CTmom HB User

Please let me know how the root canal goes. I am likely facing my first one soon and am SCARED. I have trouble staying numb (can't use epinepherine for other medical reasons) and keeping my mouth open for a long time. Like you I have a recent crown going bad. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
(male)

Frankly89 HB User

My root canal is tomorrow, the dentist told me he will use strong anesthetic so I don't feel the pain when he touches my nerves, my main issue is keeping my mouth open for 1hour lool

I'm going to ask him "Do i need to keep my mouth open for 1hour?" and hopefully he will provide a bite block for me or something, I don't really have a problem with keeping my mouth open as long as I can swallow my saliva, ill tell you how it goes tomorrow

Last edited by mod85; 10-23-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
(male)

Frankly89 HB User

Ok after having the root canal like 1hour ago heres how it went.

It took 1 hour 20 minutes, but it felt like 30 minutes.

The pain out of 10 was a 1. the aneasthetic did NOT hurt, don't listen to people when they say it does because it didn't. the process, drilling ect.. didn't hurt.

The worst part of the whole surgery was trying not to swallow the disgusting stuff he put in my mouth lol

If I had to have another root canal would I look forward to it? YES.

My main advice to everybody: Keep eyes closed unless you don't mind the sight of huge metal objects being put in your mouth. That is it.

Also to calm me down a bit he played some Kuran or Quran dont know how you spell it which REALLLY calmed me down.

NO PAIN AT ALL! XD

Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Two thumbs up! Glad you got through it and are feeling better! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
I agree! Congratulations on getting through it really well and for coming back and sharing your success story!

GOOD LUCK and thank you!
Best to you,
Gellia

Closed Thread