It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

Percyfaith7 HB User
How on earth do you decide which is healthier to repair for $$$ or pull #15 moler

How on earth do you decide which is healthier to repair for $$$ or pull #15 moler a tooth that has had a root canal and now the crown that has been on it is cracked?

I am 59 years old and have lost # 1 and # 16 Wisdom teeth when I was in my late teens or early 20's.

And I have lost two failing root canals # 3 several years ago and # 2 recently. I had just capped # 2 eight months before the #2 root canal tooth failed and I had to have $1,300 worth of work pulled for $ 189.00.

I have leaned holistic most of my life but become progressively more alternative since I was diagnosed with insulin resistance, hypothyroidism and especially after suffering cancer and conventional cancer treatment. I have always seen conventional dentists and I never questioned anything. Have had tons of dental work in my mouth. I never had any idea that my health issues could have been caused by all my dental work.

I have recently been trying to learn as much as I can about holistic dentistry and visited 3 in my state to meet them and try and determine if they are a right fit for me. There are 4 more I wanted to visit but I have to pay for an evaluation out of pocket with each of these as my insurance only pays for two 'evaluations' per year. Since I lost my job after 2 and 1/2 months of cancer treatment that kept me in serious recovery for 5 months. I returned to work part time for 4 months when they did away with my position. While I understand this decision on their part, I was emotional devastated. I am getting off subject bottom line on that is that I am leaving my losses in God's hands and trusting that this is in His plan for me.

The Biological dentist I am considering using now believes in recrowning the # 15 tooth. Per his suggestion and my interest I should first test for compatible dental materials and replace much of the work in my mouth to the tune of around $ 16,000. He has recommended a wellness center that uses BioMeridian scan and/or a Zyto Test. They have his favored dental materials on hand to test. He is in favor of my also doing the Clifford serum blood test if I choose to.

With the expense of all of these tests I am wondering if the outcome will prove them useful or not. Money is an issue for me. I am unsure if any of these tests are really accurate. Ideally I would do both or all three of them and they would all be in agreement.

Does anyone of you have experience with BioMeridian, Zyto or Clifford tests?

Have any of you faced these dental challenges and how did you proceed with your care?

Faith, Hope, Love and Prayers for you and your challenges.

ps I do not know much about Kinesiology but I love herbs and Dr. Schulze's mouth health products and I have also practiced and believe in oil pulling for oral health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How on earth do you decide which is healthier to repair for $$$ or pull #15 moler

Please do not spend $16,000 to have all your dental work pulled and redone. It's a waste of money and risks serious damage to teeth that are currently OK. Many alternative health practitioners are helpful. Certainly alternative medicine, along with diet and exercise, can be good for insulin resistance. This dental thing sounds like a scam, though.

Should you pull the tooth or try again to fix it? That's a good question. My husband just lost a tooth, I think the same one, and he's considering whether to get an implant or not.

Remember, before using any alternative medical treatment, do a search for the name of the treatment and the word "scam." Before using ANY treatment, do a search for the name of the treatment and "side effects" or "harm" or "downside."

Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

Percyfaith7 HB User
Re: How on earth do you decide which is healthier to repair for $$$ or pull #15 moler

Thanks for your reply!
I believe it is very important to study the down side of all alternative or conventional help. Alternative is often slammed so unfairly and personally my faith and my alternative helps have helped me so much more that conventional medicine has ever done. Bible Doctrine Study, Exercise, Sunning and Veggie Juicing have been the greatest in supporting my healing.
When I have an issue I really study. I look at multiple sites. There are scammers on both the holistic and conventional sides of dentistry and health care.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

TMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB User

If that molar already had a root canal and does not need crown lengthening, I'd say certainly go for a crown replacement. This will only cost you what, about $1000 (less if you have insurance) for a new crown, and replacing that tooth will certainly cost more regardless of the method. Not to mention the trauma from surgery. Of course there is always a possibility of breakage, but ask your dentist how significant it is in your case. Most people will do just fine.

As of replacing all the dental work, I personally would not do it. Money is one thing, and unnecessary added trauma to the teeth such as drilling is another. You have invested so much into it over the years, so why replace something that's functional? Sorry, but I smell a money hungry dentist here.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Provided that you are able to eat satisfatorily and that the missing teeth are not an aesthetic problem, I would advise going for the cheaper option. The tests that the dentist recommends are simply means of extracting more money from you and will do you no more good than your faith in a Supreme Being.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
(female)

WW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB User

In addition, seriously consider going with a gold crown despite the cost. Very few people are allergic to gold. The average dental gold is approximately the equivalent of 12 carat.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
(female)

Tropic HB User

Possibly pull #15 and save up for an implant. I agree with the other posters; $16K is ALOT OF MONEY.... and it sounds like a bit of a scam, to me.

Closed Thread