It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

misty57 HB User
Snap on smile vs partial

Hi, I need to wear a partial till I can get my implant crowns. I wanted to know if anyone used the snap on smile instead of a partial and how did it work for you. Thanks Misty

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Snap on smile vs partial

Hi,
I went through the same question when I had my implants done. After doing further research on my own and with my periodontist, we found, at least for me, the snap on wouldn't work. My implants were my four top front teeth and the snap on could not be used while eating at all. Since that was unacceptable to me, I went with a metal partial. I couldn't have been happier with it either. The teeth were gorgeous and it wasn't that difficult to manage.

I also found that snap ons do not look real IMO. The teeth in them seemed VERY large, bluish white (sort of neon!), and just really fake looking. Great for a Halloween party! They are very flexible, tend to fall off, can't be used when eating or sleeping (I used my partial ALL the time) and tend to break at the least convenient time. Now, that was three years ago so maybe they have improved, but there is no where that I could find that even showed what they really looked like.

Good luck whatever you decide. When it's all over and done with, I predict that you will love your implants.

My best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
misty57 (11-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread