It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

freks1988 HB User
Question Pain in tooth after pits in sealant were removed

I had a couple of pits in the old sealant of a premolar. When I told the dental assistant about them, she had me open my mouth, and then before I could stop her, she had a tool in my mouth and removed the pits. When she removed the tool from my mouth, I felt gritty pieces of sealant and maybe tooth that I ended up swallowing. So I went home and didn't think anything more about that tooth.

The next day I woke up with pain in that tooth and it has been in pain for the past few weeks. I haven't experienced any pain in this tooth previously. So I looked in the mirror, and I noticed that the assistant also ended up smoothing down part of my natural tooth surface (I examined this tooth before going to the dentist, so I remember what it looked like).

How can that tooth be in such pain after pits in the sealant were removed (along with smoothing away of some of my natural tooth)? I didn't think that I would end up being in pain from this. Now I wish I had spoken up as soon as I heard and felt her using a tool in my mouth because that tooth was pain-free for all my life until now, and she didn't tell me what she was going to do when I opened my mouth or I would have not agreed to have her work on my tooth. Is the dentist responsible for remedying this problem and for taking an x-ray (if needed) to see what is wrong?

Closed Thread