It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
(male)

swilty HB User
Brushing with soap??

I was flossing a little earlier and my filling seems to have fallen out. i went on google just to see if there was anything i need to be aware of until i'm able to go to the dentist, and randomly came across some article saying that brushing with soap is better because it doesn't contain fluoride. is there any truth to this? is soap actually better? they say that the fluoride causes some kind of buildup so the enamel can't reform as quickly. one person responded saying that soap can irritate your mouth and tongue. i'd rather not test it out unless i know for sure .

(aaanyway, i had a feeling the filling would eventually fall out. it lasted longer than i thought it would. it began hurting only shortly after it was put in and just didn't feel right. the next time i went to that dentist, they said the tooth needs some other kind of work done...i think they said a crown. either way, they probably knew they didn't do a great job in the first place since they offered to do the crown minus the cost of the filling...)

Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Brushing with soap??

Soap????????? Is that person nuts? Soap is not meant to be ingested and can make you quite sick if you accidentally swallow it.

If you don't like fluoride, then use a fluoride free toothpaste...not all of them have it. Or brush with baking soda...recommended by periodontists who work on bad gums. I've used baking soda for years and years and it works well.

But not soap! And neither should have anything to do with a filling falling out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Agreed. Soap is a TERRIBLE idea, lol.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
They may have been referring to "Tooth Soap". There is a natural product called that and is made for dental brushing. Out of curiosity, I tried it. Tastes TERRIBLE!
Gellia

Closed Thread