It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

trustykaren HB User
Has anyone had dental implants, and have taken them out later?

My mother has dental implants and is considering taking them out due to possibly having an allergy with titanium. Ever since she has put them in she has had constant itching and other even memory problems.

I have a couple questions. First of all if you had them taken out or know anything about anybody's story or have any advice please let me know: That would be great.

1) Is it an easy procedure? If we take out the dental implants would there be any further problems down the line, and how will it heal?

2) Can we do allergy testing here in America to see if she has a titanium allergy? I have read that they do it in Europe. But in America there is not much information and the doctors do not really admit there is titanium allergies for implants.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-12-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
(female)

trustykaren HB User
Re: Has anyone had dental implants, and have taken them out later?

bumping for people with any relatable experiences to share

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

trustykaren HB User

just another bump

Old 12-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

I've had no experience with dental implants but I'm pretty sure you can be tested for an allergy to titanium. I do believe a small percentage of people could be allergic to it. I would call an allergist before I had the implants out. Maybe they are not pure titanium. Sorry I can't more help.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
(female)

trustykaren HB User

I also should mention that she went to an oral surgeon and he said that it would be no problem to take them out and it would take him like 30 minutes. Of course we would like a second opinion or to know if that is even true.

The itching started after she got the implants, and yes its body-wide. I will definitely be trying to find an allergist that can test for titanium. I will try to contact allergists

I hope we can get tested.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #6
(male)

Squaretop HB User

What does the surgeon that placed them have to say? How many implants does she have? How long have they been in? I guess I'd say be as sure as possible that the implants are the cause of the itching before removal. Does she have any visibile signs of allergy, like welts, rash, redness? How about the area immediately around the implants? Have the implants already been restored with crowns or denture?

Closed Thread