It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
(male)

Tomres HB User
Frustrated

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm a medical mess. I made a thread about it a few years back and it feels like doctors can't do anything to help me. I have dental problems. Mainly cavities. Why? All the money I have has been put into my medical. So I had no money to go to the dentist and my problems have piled up over the years.

Finally I got some cavities filled on the left molars. I had my wisdom teeth pulled. LO and behold three months later I wake up in severe pain. My molar is killing me. I go back and I'm told I have an abccess and it needs a root canal. Which, of course, I have no money for so I lose my molar. I dealt with that.

I go to a different dentist. Get my molars filled on my lower bottom teeth and later my upper teeth. Two months later.. I'm in horrible pain. Anything slightly cold or hot brings me great pain. The pain also comes on and off randomly for no reason. I go back. No abcess according to the x-ray. However, they tell me they think my bite is off so they "adjust it" and they believed that was causing my discomfort? They told me to come back in three days.

Three days later. The pain is worse. I'm in horrible pain. It's so bad it makes me sweat and is giving me migraines. I just don't know what to do at this point. This is both a rant and asking for advice. I have very little money and apparently no matter who I see filling my teeth is pointless because I'm going to lose them anyway.

None of my problems seem to be able to be fixed. All attempt at fixing anything wrong with me seems to fail. I'm still physically sick. I still can barely eat what I want. I'm still constantly vomiting. I now have a heart condition and I've had several seizures.

Can anyone at least point m e in the right direction for my teeth? Are my dentists incompetent or am I just damned unlucky? I'm only 24 and should be enjoying my life but instead I live like an old man and now I'm losing my teeth to go with my other problems.

Oh, and they keep telling me my bottom canines are fine and they hurt every so many days too.

Last edited by Tomres; 12-15-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Frustrated

I'm basically going thru the same thing. I've been to 3 dentist so far & still can't chew on the teeth. I've had 3 sets of xrays & everything looks fine yet I have pain when chewing. I've spent a small fortune trying to save 2 teeth that will eventually have to be extracted. I can only rinse with warm water.

Do you have pain in the teeth when not eating? I have had teeth filled & it took a couple of months or longer for the nerve to calm down. I'm sorry I can't help but hopefully someone else can.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
Do you use toothpaste for sensitive teeth? Many times when there has been alot of dental work done the gums form pockets. Plaque and saliva gets down into the pocket and sits next to the dentin in the tooth. This is very irritating and can cause painful sensations to be transmitted to the nerve. The dentin has little tubules in it and they lead right to the tooth nerve. What you feel is OUCH and long lingering pain!

Toothpaste for sensitive teeth has a substance in it that will plug up the tubules and the pain stops. It does take a few weeks but if it's possible that this is the problem, it's a cheap fix.

Do try this before giving up and going to extraction. Brush with the toothpaste twice daily and you can even rub a small amount right on the areas that hurt the most. Give it two weeks.

I hope this helps. I had severe dental pain for over a year and found it was because of one small dental pocket.

GOOD LUCK!
My best to you,
Gellia

Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
(male)

Tomres HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellia View Post
Hi,
Do you use toothpaste for sensitive teeth? Many times when there has been alot of dental work done the gums form pockets. Plaque and saliva gets down into the pocket and sits next to the dentin in the tooth. This is very irritating and can cause painful sensations to be transmitted to the nerve. The dentin has little tubules in it and they lead right to the tooth nerve. What you feel is OUCH and long lingering pain!

Toothpaste for sensitive teeth has a substance in it that will plug up the tubules and the pain stops. It does take a few weeks but if it's possible that this is the problem, it's a cheap fix.

Do try this before giving up and going to extraction. Brush with the toothpaste twice daily and you can even rub a small amount right on the areas that hurt the most. Give it two weeks.

I hope this helps. I had severe dental pain for over a year and found it was because of one small dental pocket.

GOOD LUCK!
My best to you,
Gellia
Thank you both. Just purchased sensitive tooth paste . Anyway I have more alarm and I'm getting scared. The pain has gotten worse (haven't tried sensitive tooth paste yet.) It's pure agony. I'm on vicodin but the pain is so severe it has practically no effect. I can't open my mouth all the way anymore and my jaw just feels "wrong." it feels like it's out of alignment when I bite down. The pain is so god awful that it's giving me migraines and it hurts up to my ear.

It's getting worse rapidly. I have a dental appointment monday but I don't know what to do. This is quite literally the worse pain I've ever been in my life and I've been in a lot of pain. Including ulcers, broken bones, etc. Someone help please

Old 12-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
No one should suffer that much pain. If you can't wait for your dentist on Monday, PLEASE go to your local ER for help. Pain is a symptom and when it gets that bad it should be addressed. You may need covering antibiotics until you can see your dentist.

Also, if your bite is off even just a teeny bit and you clench your teeth at night the pain can be excruciating. Try to be aware of any clenching or grinding you may do.

I am SO sorry you are in this much pain. Anytime both hot and cold sensation elicit pain, the tooth nerve is usually dying and needs root canal treatment.

Rub that toothpaste directly on your painful gum area a few times each day in case dentin exposure is the cause. Leave it there. Not alot, just enough to rub into the gum. Toothpaste for sensitive teeth takes about two weeks to start to work but doing that can help speed it up some.

GOOD LUCK! Please let us know how you are and I hope you are pain free soon.
My very best to you,
Gellia

Closed Thread