It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

aboltabol HB User
Re-RCT

I had a small swelling (painless) at the bottom of a tooth (bottom right first molar). I had an almost painless RCT done to it a year ago. Recently I am having some problems with the third molar which seems to be growing horizontally inside the gum. My dentist advised me to do an x-ray of jaw, and also referred me to another dentist. The second dentist now says that the RCT of the first molar has not been done correctly and I should get a re-RCT done immediately, which the first dentist refuses to accept. My question is, is there any way of knowing if the RCT has been done correctly? (without going to a third or fourth dentist, of course). In case the RCT has not been done correctly, can it cause any problem in future? Right now, there is no problem with that particular tooth.

P.S: The x-ray of the RCT shows two canals. One has a whitish strand almost till the bottom. The other has a similar strand only half way. Sorry I can't explain it any better, as I am not at all familiar with dental terminologies.

Closed Thread