It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

powlsmith HB User
Dental Implants

is the Dental Implants
painfull ...... And how much its cost?

Last edited by powlsmith; 12-27-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Dental Implants

Hi,
I had four implants placed immediately after extractions and it didn't hurt at all. The novocain shots were the worst part and they were over so fast I hardly knew it. I was given pain medication for at home after but felt I really didn't need it except for maybe the first night.
The entire process was much easier than I had imagined and except for it being a lengthy process from start to finish, it wasn't bad at all.

Implants can be pricey, but IMO are really worth the cost. Charges are different in different parts of the country, but I had four implants with the extractions and bone grafting done. Cost was $8800.
Partial to use while the implants integrated was $1250 for a metal removable partial with four pontics, and the abutments and crowns added an additional $1175 each. I do live in a fairly pricey area of the country.

Hope this helps.
My best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
powlsmith (12-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

CaringWmn HB UserCaringWmn HB User

I am in the process of getting an implant for a molar. It is not painful at all. It is expensive, I would say. I forget how much I am spending total for the one implant. I plan to call tomorrow to ask how much I have paid so far for my annual medical and dental costs.

It does take a long time, though. I began just prior to Labor Day. I think I will be getting my abuttment in a couple of weeks. Then, I don't know how much longer it will be until my own dentist will actually have a tooth made for the abuttment.

Sorry, but I forget all the terms and definitions. I think, but am not sure, that I am spending about $3,000 for this one molar for the implant.

I started off several years ago with a crack in the molar that received a crown, which cost about $600, but I don't recall exactly.

Then there got an abcess under the crown and I needed a root canal thru the crown. I think that was about $600.

Then, a year ago November, the tooth got another infection and my dentist recommended extracting the tooth. I don't recall how much that cost.

I could conservatively estimate that I am spending approximately $5,000 to have a tooth in this place in my mouth, counting everything that I've had done over the years.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaringWmn For This Useful Post:
Shugiin (05-30-2012)
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

powlsmith HB User

Hi
Thanks for the reply and telling me the cost of dental implants. It is very expensive though. I hope you are fine after dental procedure.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

I've had 2 implants on the bottom left in the back, this was about 5 years ago and the price in total was about 3 or 4k a tooth. They are still in and working perfectly! I didn't want to get a bottom partial, I always heard that it's difficult to fit and place a removable partial in the bottom of the mouth.

So the $$ cost is well worth it! Once you get it and you keep it clean, it will probably last the rest of your life assuming you remain healthy and you keep up good dental hygiene habits and dentist visits.

Good luck!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

powlsmith HB User

Hi SanyBelle
Thanks for the reply. You had two teeth implants as you said, I want to know that is their any side effects of dental implant. As the metal used in dental implants may create some problem or side effect.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
I personally have four implants and my husband has seven. He has had his for over 10 years.

Considering that implants are made from the same material that is used in artificial hips and joints, along with pacemakers and ICD's, the allergy rate is almost nonexistent. It is not impossible though. Because the ratio is so small, I certainly felt it was worth the risk.

If you are really worried about it or have a history of allergies to titanium, which is the metal used, you can be tested. It's very difficult to find a place that does the tests because of its rarity, though.

Hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK.
Best to you,
Gellia

powlsmith (12-27-2011)
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by powlsmith View Post
Hi SanyBelle
Thanks for the reply. You had two teeth implants as you said, I want to know that is their any side effects of dental implant. As the metal used in dental implants may create some problem or side effect.
I have had no side effects from the surgery, the implant metal or the crown that was put on top of the implant.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #9
(male)

smileconcepts HB User

hi.

If you go to someone who is well qualified then the chances are that you won,t have any problem. don't just go for the cheapest quote find out their qualification first.
dental implants are not so pain full. you'll probably hurt for about a week after getting them.After the implants are put in you'll get a crown put on it that will match your other teeth, and that is all will show.if you have dont have enough bone in your gums than the dentist can generally add bone around the area.So implant are not so painful it is pretty safe with no side effects, and a great option.

----------------------

Last edited by smileconcepts; 01-05-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
(female)

My abuttment should be coming in from the lab in California any day. I am so ready for the hole in my mouth to be filled in!

It was a year ago November that my molar was extracted, and I began the process for my implant just prior to Labor Day. I have forgotten how it is to be able to chew on the right side!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Luck! I predict you will just love your implant and brand new tooth.

Do let us know how you are. We LOVE success stories!
My best to you,
Gellia

CaringWmn (01-12-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
(female)

Tomorrow is the day! Yay! I will get my abuttment and temporary crown tomorrow afternoon!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

CONGRATULATIONS!! May you LOVE your new tooth! Can't wait to hear.
Let us know how it goes.

Best to you,
Gellia

Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
(female)

I am back with my termporary crown! It is wonderful to have it! I was in the chair for an hour. The dentist ground on it a long time, and having me bite down on the blue foil. I told her that the tooth was still "high", but she thought it was OK.

I accepted it, knowing I could return. It is still high and it is the only tooth hitting in my mouth, so I will have to re-schedule for some more grinding down.

She had me make an appointment with my regular dentist for a permanent crown in a month, which I did. Coincidentally, when I returned from getting my temporary crown, I had a voice mail that I have an appointment for a cleaning on Monday.

I made my appointment for the permanent crown, and decided I'll ask my regular dentist to look at the temporary crown to see if he wants to grind it or if I should have the surgeon make it right.

Otherwise, everything is great. I'll have to see how everything goes at dinnertime!

Old 01-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wonderful! I'm so glad this has worked out well for you.
Enjoy!

G

Closed Thread