It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

kellanns HB User
Bad Root Canal?

I had a dead front tooth and it started discoloring, so I went to a dentist who gave me a root canal and who ordered a crown for me from a lab. Well, we had so much trouble with matching the tooth and so many times he had to remove the temporary tooth to try the new crown, causing I'm assuming a lot of pressure to be on the tooth, or what not.

I ended up having so much trouble with that dentist that I actually went to see the brother of the lab manager who was a dentist. he then took a xray and convinced me I needed a retreat on the tooth because there was too much nerve tissue in it. At the time my tooth would hurt here and there, but nothing serious. He finally put the new crown in and put something called monopeg on the actual tooth so you couldnt see the discoloration under it. After awhile the crown looked darker which was strange as well as disturbing. My tooth also ended up still hurting, if not more, so I saw an endodonist who said he saw nothing wrong with the tooth but could perform a retreat and see if he could find anything but then he might need to do surgery on it and since my nerves are so close together it might harm the adjacent tooth causing me to need a crown on that one as well, so I declined.
The tooth is not sensitive to hot and cold but the tooth adjacent to it is; it throbs when i drink something hot, which is strange. I have been to 2 dentists who say they can not find anything wrong with that tooth.
Anyways I was unhappy with the crown, because it was darkening as well as developed a stain on it and what not, so I had a dentist, with more experience that works in the same office as the dentist that performed the retreat, remove the permanent one and put another permamnent one on.

We did not use monopeg this time; I have not had any trouble with the color of this one, though it's been less than a week since Ive had it in. but the crowned tooth is loose, my dentist said that its the tooth, not the crown and thats okay, but I,m concerned about it. It also still hurts, as well as the gum around it and my nose, in the right nostril, while its my right front tooth that has been crowned, so I am worried about that. I also feel a lot of pressure on my head and near my mouth on my face, and taste cement here and there, as well as, had the gum just the day after having the new crown placed in come in between my front teeth leaving a little space inbetween them which was not there previously,Any advice? Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread