It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

tmckenna HB User
partial for front two lower teeth, what kind to get

I had to have my front two lower teeth (in the middle, adjacent teeth) removed (they were failed root canals and were impacting my immune system and I had a chronic disease) and it really helped.

Been wearing a temporary flipper. I've gotten used to it, but it's fragile and gets bent slightly out of shape easily so I am always scared of doing the wrong thing and messing up the fit.

Now looking into permanent options.

1) I don't want to do implants, even zirconium, because of cost and the aforementioned immune issues. I don't have any extra health to risk.

2) I don't want to do a bridge because I don't want to risk causing problems for the two healthy adjacent teeth, and frankly I find that the gum where the teeth were removed goes up and down slightly depending on how many minerals I am consuming, so I'm just scared to have a "permanent" bridge on an area that might change over time.
And it scares me that I can't go back to having a partial if I don't like having a bridge.
And what if filing down the adjacent teeth (which are small teeth to begin with--these are not molars, they are my front lower teeth) causes pain in those teeth, if the root is too exposed. Or what if those teeth die and need root canals.

Anyone have a bridge for the front two lower teeth?

3) So that leaves partials.

What does a partial for the front two lower teeth look like?
Does it just clasp around the adjacent teeth?

Is it better to get a flexible partial, like Flexite, Lucitone, or Valplast? Are these more comfortable?

Can you sleep with it in?

Is it comfortable? Does it irritate the gum?

I think anything will be more comfortable than this flipper. This is a LOT of acrylic in my mouth, hugging the inside of all my lower teeth, and it pokes into my gum sometimes.

Ugh, if only I had not been hit in the mouth a kid (caused root canals).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
flipper, lucitone, partial, partial denture, valplast