It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

elr908 HB User
Angry bubble on soft palate

is anyone else suffering from this? maybe i'm just a weirdo but from time to time, for at least 6 months i get this odd bump on the roof of my mouth. it's always in the exact same spot just past the starting point of my soft palate. depending what i eat, it sprouts up. i haven't noticed a particular food that consistently gives me these bumps but i have to say it's rather odd. it basically looks like a pimple. nothing enormous, about the size of a pen tip i'd say.

it's not painful really, hurts if i press on it. it seems to be fluid filled because i can pop it (gross, yes and probably a terrible idea). i've tried to not pop it a few times and it sort of gets harder and then goes down. right now, no bubble is present but i can feel the area where it forms. at this point, i get them so often i'm not so sure if this is scarring from popping them or the "roots" (for lack of a better term) of the bubble.

i haven't seen a doctor - thinking about going one of these days but wanted to do some research.

i also get frequent canker sores. i'd say 2 or so month that cause my gums to swell and teeth to ache. sometimes i have swollen glands from them. not sure what these are attributed to but have suspected celiac disease - need to be tested.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
(male)

ImBob HB User
Re: bubble on soft palate

Is the bump and fluid translucent/clear colored? If so, it might be a mucocele which is a clogged salivary gland. They tend to form in the same area repeatedly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

elr908 HB User
Re: bubble on soft palate

yes - it's clearish and i usually can pop it.

Closed Thread