It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

okiejayson HB User
scared about having all teeth pulled

I am 31 years old and have very bad teeth. I have had infection after infection for many years now. I have decided this year i am going to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures. I am so embarrassed of my teeth and never smile. I am planning on getting this done early spring. I just need some advice and encouragement. I am scared to death. Need to know about how much time i will need to take off work? Some estimates on cost. I should have insurance by the end of this month. it is oklahoma blue cross blue shield. My main question is how long is the healing time? I can only take max two weeks off work and that's pushing it. any advice and encouragement is appreciated! thanks!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: okiejayson
Jackimitch (01-08-2012), newgrin5153 (01-20-2012), quaichang (01-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
(male)

smileconcepts HB User
Re: scared about having all teeth pulled

hi,

I have had over 14 pulled in my 15 years, and every time i still think it's gonna suck but it really doesn't. it kinda depends on the dentist, when they just jab at you with their needle ,its not the best but it's not extremely painful.If they wiggle your cheek then it doesn't even hurt at all.when they pull the teeth out, most of the time you just feel pressure and that's it.The breaking sound gives me the chill.
so don't be so scared it's not painful.

Last edited by smileconcepts; 01-05-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
(female)

jeni777 HB Userjeni777 HB User

get nitrous if u can and make sure new insurance does not have a waiting period. Also you will have a yearly maximum most are around 1000-1500 a year. i would get it done on a friday take off the week and go back the following monday so u only lose 5 days of work.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
(male)

quaichang HB User

I was in the same predicament,i had bad teeth al my life,i was terrified of dentists,but like you i got so embarressed at my teeth i didnt smile either.I finally got up the courage to see the dentist/oral surgeon,i explained my phobia to him.He consulted with my MD,and they decided on the best meds to put me completely out,i barely remember a thing.It was an extra 300.00,but it was worth it to me,i have barely any memory of him pulling 7 really bad teeth and stitching me up.By the way,im 58 years old,and i let my teeth get way too bad,youre much younger,go for it now while youre still young,the longer you put it off,the better off youll be in the long run.My wife and kids went to the dentist with me,and were a lot of encouragement leading up to that day,maybe your family or friends can be some encouragement to you.I wanted to be able to smile with my family and friends,and when i looked in the mirror afterwords,it was worth it.As for myself,I did a lot of praying for courage before i went,give it a try,its amazing what God can do.Good luck,you can do it,just take that first step,it gets a little easier after that.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
(female)

newgrin5153 HB User

I myself have always had issues with my teeth, so last Friday I had all 28 teeth remove, 4 implants w/ bone grafting and covered with uppers and lowers dentures all the same day. Don't regret one bit. I'm sure in the long run, it was the best thing health wise. Go for it! Keep on smiling! :-)

Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
(female)

NanS44 HB User

Am getting ready to have all my teeth pulled for dentures. Have had crummy teeth my entire life and decided this is the only way to stop the non-stop cavities, 10 root canals and many, many crowns. latest being get cavity ,remove the crown, fill the cavity then put on a brand new crown. Did this 3 times and then found 3 more last fall, in one cleaning decided enough is enough. I did not do the final 3. had two of those pulled and did get sick that night and 'upchucked'
Have a great dentist but my concern is that I willthrow-up and dislodge the blood clots . I have 26 teeth being pulled the same day. After all I have been through have NO fear of dentists...but fear of bleeding. Wondering if others have had a problem with this.(throwing up I mean_..its not exactly something we can not do at will.

Last edited by NanS44; 01-22-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: lost a couple of words somehow!

Closed Thread