It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
(female)

lynney HB User
Root Canal or Extraction

I've had an ongoing problem with an upper molar for 7 years. It has been filled and refilled 3 times, and now a private dentist wants to do a root canal. The tooth gives me sensitivity to hot and cold and pain on biting, but no constant pain. I've read conflicting reports about root canals and Dr Mercola's website completely puts me off having one... any thoughts from those who've had one? Any ongoing problems with them. The dentist charges £600 for doing one. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Root Canal or Extraction

I would go the root canal option because once that tooth is gone it's gone and you can't eat in that spot in your mouth. I had a root canal done in a bottom molar and I don't regret it one bit, once I had the crown put on it felt like a brand new tooth. Yes it's expensive, and it's a time consuming process getting it done but after having problems on and off for that tooth for years it was finally a normal tooth again.

My father was the sort of person who would just get extractions done but later in life he had so many teeth missing that he started to feel self conscious about it and ended having bridges etc done anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Root Canal or Extraction

I agree. I would do the root canal. I have had many, myself, with absolutely no problems. That's an important tooth...hold onto it for as long as you can.

best wishes, Sue

Closed Thread