It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

Newfoundlander HB User
Fixed Bridge disappointment.

Is it possible to take a bridge back out once it has been cemented in? Yesterday, I received my fixed bridge. By the time I got home and all the freezing had worn off and my mouth was again in working order, I can tell that the teeth are still not big enough, I have to clench my jaws together for the upper and lower teeth to meet without a gap showing. I spent most of last night almost in tears. What used to be a smile that was complimented often (I had a previous bridge for 30 years) is now a smile that looks like a grimace. Am I stuck with this now? Is there any way of getting it back out and adjusted to what I want?

Thank you so much for any help.

The following user gives a hug of support to Newfoundlander:
J1310 (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Fixed Bridge disappointment.

Hi,
Didn't your dentist try it in before he/she permanently cemented it? You should have had some time to "try it out" before it was permanently cemented in. Was an impression of your old bridge used for the new one? If so, what reason does your dentist give you for them to be so much different in size and shape?

Maybe it would help if you wrote all your concerns down (a copy of your letter is a good start) and then take them back to your dentist. Most dentists want you to be happy and your dentist should.
If you are not happy, he/she is whom you need to speak with about it.

Good luck. You need to go back to whomever made the bridge and voice your concerns.
Remember you paid good money for a new bridge and it should be to YOUR satisfaction.

My very best to you,
Gellia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread