It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

dilly007 HB User
fixed bridge

3 days ago I had my front left tooth pulled out and the one next to it... I had immediate dentures put in which I really hate cant eat with them they loose they dont fit right... what I want to know is can I have a fixed bridge done? ones Iv had dentures?

Im only 27 and these dentures are having an effect on my life and iv had it for 3 days now... everytime my girl trys to kiss me I dont allow her im soo sceard that my dentures will fall out... and when she asks "whats going on" I lie by saying I have a tooth infection dont wana pass anything on to ya...

all I want is to have them fixed is that still possible... anything but dentures

can anyone help??

thanks

Last edited by dilly007; 01-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: fixed bridge

Hi,
What you are asking for is possible, but not without problems that go along with a long spanned bridge. For two missing teeth, you have to sacrifice two more. The anchor teeth on either side of the missing teeth that would hold the bridge. That would be a front tooth and a canine. If I understand you correctly, that would mean a bridge would span your two front teeth, lateral and canine. I'm sure that can be done but having a canine tooth used as an anchor and then getting decay under it, which bridges are prone to do, could mean the loss of a canine tooth which is the longest root tooth you have in your mouth and does alot for it's support. You would have to be especially careful with keeping it clean. Again, not impossible, but that part would be up to you. You don't want to loose a canine tooth to decay if at all possible not to mention then you are stuck as a five unit bridge is getting pretty long. They break easier the longer they get. So, that's a bridge. It would have to be a four unit and they are pretty common. They range in price slightly more than four caps. Perhaps $5K.

There is also the possibility of implants to replace just the two lost teeth. They are a bit more expensive (total price run around $3500 to $4K each depending on where you live) than a bridge on the outset, but around the same in the long term as bridges usually require replacement at some point and implants hopefully are for life. You also don't have to touch your other teeth. Implants must be kept clean also but are more like a natural tooth.

That said, you really haven't given the partial much of a chance. It takes about a month before you get used to it and you should go back to the dentist if it's giving you problems not staying in. They can tighten the small clasps that hold it and that won't happen. I used my partial for 8 months while my front top four implants integrated so I do understand it's problems.

You can try to give the partial a chance. Go back to your dentist and ask about a four unit bridge. Or inquire about two replacement implants.

GOOD LUCK on whatever you decide.
My best to you,
Gellia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread