It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

wisdomteeth HB User
uncomfortable feeling in teeth after wisdom tooth extraction

Hi i had a wisdom tooth removed a week ago under sedation as i am too nervous ar dentists, 3 days later i developed a dry socket which was really awful and i ended up on antibiotocs the dentist also put this clove pack thing on my extracted site which was disgusting sleeping with in my mouth as it also was making me nautious while i was sleeping. i have been to the dentist a few times this week and i am getting really fed up and depressed over my teeth, i actually have very good teeth where people usually think they are vaneers, in August last year i went for a check up and in the x ray they noticed i have a baby tooth growing in between another tooth but its not caused me any problems so we have just left it there. although the wisdom tooth was not causing any problems either but they said that would have to removed because it is in a bad state. the problem i am worried about most at the moment is all the teeth that are next to the extracted one are always feeling uncomfy and achey and its really irritating like i want to pull my teeth out! and especially the one that they said a baby tooth was growing in between. and next to that one they also filled another tooth while i was on sedation but that one feels very uncomfy too, and also a little sharp on the top of it. i want to know is it normal for other teeth to feel like this? i would not call it pain but just like a tight odd feeling. the dentist said we need to deal with one problem at a time so they were trying to sort out my dry socket but i think that is clearing up now with the antibiotics, the teeth feel very sensitive like they are on ice most of the time although im fine drinking cold things. sometimes the ache goes away for maybe a hour but then comes back agai for a longer time. it doesnt effect my sleeping untill last night i kept waking up with this dull feeling in my mouth. paracetomal helps but i have taken too many of them whilst i had my wisdom tooth out that im trying not to take them too much as i have a senstive stomach too. please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: uncomfatable feeling in teeth after wisdom tooth extraction

wisdom teeth extraction can cause a lot of pain and discomfort in your mouth. I had all 4 removed and I remember my face was swollen for about a month and my whole mouth and jaw hurt. I also had to syringe the sockets a few times a day to keep food out and in the beginning it was excruciating in one socket, and I had to take painkillers just to deal with it. Give it some time for things to settle down because with wisdom teeth there can be a lot of pain afterwards because it's not like a simple extraction and you may have some swelling in the area that's putting pressure on the other teeth.

Last edited by captjane; 01-26-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo

Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
(female)

wisdomteeth HB User

thanks for your reply. well last night i did not wake up with any feeling so that was good although now i am awake i am feeling it again. i tried somthing yesterday which did help a little, i put a heated pad on my face which felt soothing so maybe i should just try that. the hole is so tiny now that i can for sure tell its healing. although just still sore and the ears hurt aswell. i guess i will give it some time. thankyou x

Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

wisdomteeth, try an ice pack on the area because if you have any swelling that will help it to go down.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
(female)

RoseIL HB User
Re: uncomfortable feeling in teeth after wisdom tooth extraction

Perhaps, your uncomfortable feeling is caused by a filling? I'm experiencing the same thing right now. I've got one filling done about a month ago and now I have this weir feeling, not pain but uncomfortable feeling. It's hard to tell which tooth hurts. I see you posted a while ago.. How are you now? I'm going to have my wisdom tooth extracted next week, maybe... I'm still debating.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
(female)

dreamy6 HB User
Re: uncomfortable feeling in teeth after wisdom tooth extraction

hi yes it could be the filling. I am still having problems with my tooth. the extracted site is however getting better still healing! but i read it could take months so that must be normal. i had a filling aswell which i went back and had the sharp edges polished as they were uncomfy but the dentist did what she could as she said she cant get into the bit where the roughness is and said i can try getting used to it which is what i am doing sometimes it still aches aswell.

Closed Thread