It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

wisdomteeth HB User
reshaping fillings

I have been told i need to go back to the dentist to reshape one of my fillings it feels far too strange and rough and i have nearly cut my tounge as it is aggrivating me. I am worried though, has anyone had there fillings reshaped? and does it hurt? the reason why i went under sedation to have a wisdom tooth taken out along with 2 fillings done was because i was scared to have it all done while i was awake. I wish i could just file it down myself!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: reshaping fillings

Just a word of encouragement. Before Christmas I had a Wisdom tooth out because there was an Absess under it. I was really worried as the tooth was so deeply set in my gum and hardly showed above the gum. I had a local Anesthetic and can honestly say I never felt a thing, so you really had nothing to fear.
As for filing down a filling, no you wont need an injection, I've had many rough fillings filed down and as its just a case of trimming the filling you wont feel a thing.
Dont worry and good luck,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
(female)

wisdomteeth HB User

Hiya thanks for your reply i have a fear of dentists only because i have had bad exp in past which has left me like this i did get the wisdom tooth out under sedation anyway so that is done thankgod :-) when they trimm the fillings how do they do it? does it take long? thankyou.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdomteeth View Post
Hiya thanks for your reply i have a fear of dentists only because i have had bad exp in past which has left me like this i did get the wisdom tooth out under sedation anyway so that is done thankgod :-) when they trimm the fillings how do they do it? does it take long? thankyou.
No It only takes a minute or two.
I didn't see what they filed it with as I closed my eyes. I'm
always afraid of getting debris in them. I can assure you that you
wont feel anything as they wont be near the root of the tooth (that's where the
nerves are). They will just file the edge of the filling to make it more comfortable.

Solofelix.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
(female)

wisdomteeth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
No It only takes a minute or two.
I didn't see what they filed it with as I closed my eyes. I'm
always afraid of getting debris in them. I can assure you that you
wont feel anything as they wont be near the root of the tooth (that's where the
nerves are). They will just file the edge of the filling to make it more comfortable.

Solofelix.
Thanks Solofelix, what did it feel like when they trimmed the fillings? i mean was it a machine or somthing similar to it?

Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
Reshaping fillings is easy. They use a diamond grinder or buffer. You know that little tool used when you get your teeth polished? It's just like that. There is no pain involved. What your dentist will do is smooth the area with either that little tool or a very fine file.

It's an easy process and will require no anesthetic at all. Nothing but the filling itself will be touched and there is no pain involved. Just a smoother filling.

No worries, so go with NO FEAR!

My best to you,
Gellia

The following user gives a hug of support to Gellia:
slenderella (01-29-2012)
Closed Thread