It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

kelly3400 HB User
Question soft liner in denture and still loose

I had all my extractions done the last week in December. I was having so much trouble with the top denture digging in my gums not to mention I was wearing so much adhesive that it took me a 1/2 hour to remove. So, yesterday I went for an impression and had a soft liner put inside. First of all, it feels wonderful against my gums and seems to fit ok while I'm talking. But, I can't eat without them rocking in the front. I know I need to get this taken care of a.s.a.p. Questions are 1. Has anyone else had trouble with loose dentures after a soft liner was inserted. 2. I haven't yet -but I NEED to wear some type of adhesive to eat. Will this hurt the soft lining if I use it until I get to my dentist Wednesday? My new job and working hours don't allow me to get there sooner. And 3. Why does my lower partial fit great some days and other days it's so hard to put in and hard on my gums that I have to take it out. Someone please help me!

Everytime I research online I can't find anyone having trouble with a soft liner.
I feel like I 'm going crazy.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: soft liner in denture and still loose

Kelly, it sounds like they did not put quite enough liner material inside the denture when you bit down on it. Using an adhesive for a few days should not hurt anything. Keep in mind with denture adhesives- too much is worse than not enough. You might try just placing it in the area where the denture rocks and see if that helps.

As far as the partial- I have no personal experience with one (full dentures here) the fit is probably changed daily due to your teeth shifting especially if you had teeth on the bottom taken out in late December also. I would mention this to the dentist when you get in there on Wednesday.

Hang in there- lots of changes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
(female)

kelly3400 HB User
Re: soft liner in denture and still loose

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same thing about the liner material. I hope they don't have to send it out again. But, my dentist only does hard liners. I am his first patient who requested a soft liner. Imagine that! I love my dentist and the staff and I guess he has to have a first for everything but I'm still a little eerie. If I don't get answers today I have a back up dentist with longer hours and more experience on stand by.
As for the partial. The only thing I can think of is that there was swelling there. It seems to fit (a little) better. And I got my back teeth pulled in the beginning of November so there's much healing there after three months. It really shouldn't swell up at all. ??
I go back to the dentist after work today. Wish me luck

And yes, I see there are a lot of changes! I know in the longrun I'll be happy I did this but for now I'm a bit frustrated. I'm being as patient as possitble.

Closed Thread