It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
(male)

dreamsis HB User
Braces for wisdom teeth?

I have crooked wisdom teeth. Is it possible to have braces on them?
... or the only solution is the extraction?
I don't have that many teeth without a decay, the maxillary third molars is an exception, so I don't feel like loosing them...

Even my dentist was shocked and amazed that I don't have a decay on my wisdom teeth (most probably because they started to grow much later, comparing to other teeth, when I was already keeping my teeth clean all the time...)

I don't see my dentist anymore, the last time I saw him he said that those upper third molars are pushing my other teeth...

Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Braces for wisdom teeth?

Hi,
If your wisdom teeth are impacted, treatment generally is removal. Impacted wisdom teeth will push their way to the surface by shoving your other teeth aside. This can squeeze them forward and make them all go crooked.

Your dentist should xray the wisdom teeth to see exactly where they are in relation to your other teeth. Just because they have no decay doesn't mean they can't really hurt your other healthy teeth.

I urge you to make an appt before your teeth go crooked and can't be returned to their normal places without lengthy treatment (not to mention expensive!).

GOOD LUCK.
My best to you,
Gellia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
braces, crooked tooth, wisdom teeth