It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
Laser nerve treatment

I had pain in one tooth about six months ago & my dentist said I may need a root canal. The pain went completely away, but now I am feeling pain again when I press my teeth together or eating certain things. I was just reading about a laser nerve treatment that can prevent someone having to have a root canal. Has anyone ever heard of this? I would think in this day and age they would have something easier than a root canal. I don't want to pull the tooth, the dentist suggested this to save the money, but I can't see doing this after all the years of work I've had done to save my teeth. I was shocked he would even suggest such a thing.

I'm considering getting another opinion from another dentist where I hear the charge for root canals and crowns are less expensive. Probably because he has been in business many years and can afford not to charge as much. Would I need to ask for the Xray of the tooth from the original dentist? I hate to even let him know I may want another dentist to do the procedure. I still tend to really believe there has to be an easier, safer method and most dentist don't want to tell you about it so they can get the big bucks. I had one root canal done many years ago & I wasn't even experiencing any pain at all. I believe now the dentist saw I had good dental insurance at the time and put me through it to make money. At least this time I know I am feeling pain. I was young and naive and didn't know any better. I figured if I was told I needed one I needed one. The dentist I go to now said if it continues to hurt I will need one or it could just go away on it's own. It was so nice how it went away, I hate to have it back again. Do you think it could go away again hopefully? I don't care to go through a root canal, not only for the pain but they are extremely expensive. It's ridiculous how much they cost.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread