It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

kbashore13 HB User
Debilitaing tooth pain

I had a crown put on a moler in April 2011. In Januray 2012, I started having severe tooth pain and got a root canal. Apparently, I had 5 roots in my one tooth. It's been 6 weeks since my procedure, and the pain just seems to be getting worse. I went in last Friday and the dentist filed down the temp filling. It now hurts every time I eat (I don't eat on that side) and at night. It's debilitating pain. I'm taking oxycodone and advil at the same time to kill the pain because just one doesn't do the trick. I'm sure my liver hates me by now. Has anyone experienced this? Is it just because my tooth was unusual? How long does this pain last?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

shantybaby HB User
Re: Debilitaing tooth pain

your tooth shouldnt be hurting after this long, i have gone through so many dental procedures, and although i have never had a root canal, i do know a bit about dental stuff ( i have had 5 teeth pulled and 22 fillings)
i would call the dentist office and let them know what is going on.
the thing with a root canal is they remove the whole root of the tooth and everything inside, so they are actually removing any nerves, so there shouldnt really be any pain at all. also with root canals they are not guaranteed to work and that is why i have chosen to just have my teeth pulled instead of trying to save teeth that will eventually fall out.
most people that i know that have had root canals have experienced problems, and have eventually had to have to root canal redone bc there was a part of the pulp still in the tooth taht they didnt remove, or eventually they have to have it extracted with a hige waste of money.
anyways, it could be infected still underneath the tooth, and in taht case you will need an antibiotic.
please call your dentist and let them know, as you dont want to leave this for too long.
good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User

Did you have implants put in after having teeth pulled. I wouldn't mind pulling my tooth out that is causing me pain but left alone teeth start shifting. I have nice, straight teeth & I don't care to now have them become crooked. I worry they will pull the wrong tooth also, it's difficult for me to tell what tooth is actually hurting. What a nightmare.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
When you have a problem with a tooth its not unusual to feel pain in nearby other teeth.
Before Christmas I had a bad toothache and in the end I really wasnt sure which one it was, but I did know it was a top left one.
My dentist took an Xray and could see no problem and said to give it a few days and go back if still troublesome. Three days later I definitely knew which one it was and had it removed (it had an absess) in early stage under it.
An Xray or given time will generally reveal which one it is. I could not bite down on mine without agonizing pain.
Hope you get it sorted,

Solofelix.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbashore13 View Post
I had a crown put on a moler in April 2011. In Januray 2012, I started having severe tooth pain and got a root canal. Apparently, I had 5 roots in my one tooth. It's been 6 weeks since my procedure, and the pain just seems to be getting worse. I went in last Friday and the dentist filed down the temp filling. It now hurts every time I eat (I don't eat on that side) and at night. It's debilitating pain. I'm taking oxycodone and advil at the same time to kill the pain because just one doesn't do the trick. I'm sure my liver hates me by now. Has anyone experienced this? Is it just because my tooth was unusual? How long does this pain last?
Hi,
Ask your Dentist if this is normal, it dosent sound right to me.
I have heard some worrying results from root-canal treatment and it wouldnt be my choice.
If it continues I would have it removed if I was you.
Dont suffer get it sorted, Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread