It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
(male)

erikoman1 HB User
strange tooth ache

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some suggestions, or let me know what the issue could, or could not be.

24 hours ago I noticed an occasional ache on the left side of my face. I thought nothing of it, thinking it might just be a muscle thing. It was still there in the morning, and is still there tonight, occasionally. I am now thinking it could very well be tooth related. It may be a tooth ache...

Some more description: It's in the back left of my mouth/face... not the whole face either. The pain is not sever, but annoying... not sharp but dull. It never lasts long... maybe 5 seconds then it's gone. It may or may not stay away for a few minutes... and then come back for another 5 seconds or so. It was there in the morning, but I didn't notice it all afternoon (I do notice it this evening).

I can't figure out if there is a trigger. It isn't triggered by pressure, by hot or cold or by chewing. I can touch all around and nothing happens. I took some Tylenol to see if that would have any effect on it, and it hasn't.

What could this be??
I'm quite worried, as I'm in a foreign country at present!

Thanks a million!!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Re: strange tooth ache

I would not worry too much right now. Could be some flare up from your gums, I had that more than once. Sometimes your gums recide (sp?) a little and the new exposed tooth hurts on and off for a while. Or it could from your ear, a little flare up there.

I know how it feels when you are in a foreign country and you are afraid of getting sick. I'm sure you are paying too much attention to these flare ups right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikoman1 View Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some suggestions, or let me know what the issue could, or could not be.

24 hours ago I noticed an occasional ache on the left side of my face. I thought nothing of it, thinking it might just be a muscle thing.
It could be a muscle type thing. A ligament on the left side of your face might have become slightly inflamed by excess chewing pressure. That could come from chewing food that is somewhat harder than normal, with the left side of your jaw.

Quote:
It was still there in the morning, and is still there tonight, occasionally. I am now thinking it could very well be tooth related. It may be a tooth ache...
Do you think that you might have the beginnings of a cavity in a back tooth on the left side?

When was the last time you visited a dentist?

Quote:
What could this be?? I'm quite worried, as I'm in a foreign country at present!

Thanks a million!!
Another thought... a possible infection in your left gums? Pain and/or discomfort is usually a sign of inflammation, caused by irritation, infection, strain, trauma, etc.,

Quote:
I took some Tylenol to see if that would have any effect on it, and it hasn't.
Tylenol has little effect on inflammation. You might consider trying something that is anti-inflammatory, like Motrin.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
(male)

erikoman1 HB User

Hi again guys... today I went pain free... so perhaps it's gone?

Thanks for your replies!!

Closed Thread