It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(male)

Felipee HB User
My mollar and hopes are gone

Im pretty sad because Im 31 years old and I consider myself a young adult. However after several failed attemps, My dentist told me one of my mollars need to extracted, due to cavity complications.

That shocked me. In the first place I always tried to have good hygiene habits and now i feel filthy. To me cavities are disgusting.

I also spent a lot of money on root canal treatments, special fillings, x rays and other measures to save my mollar, all in vain. And the worst part is that I need to have an implant, which costs a lot of money and I dont know what to do.

Im so broke, I think I wont be able to pay to implant and I am scared that that empty space will ruin my smile, or cause my jaw bone to become weaker.

<removed> Im starting to feel very very depressed, and I have trouble sleeping or concentrating or being at peace.

Thanks for reading, I needed to release all the steam....

Last edited by Administrator; 02-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Felipee
armywife2007 (02-22-2012), BelleoftheSouth (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
(female)

Caryn64 HB User
Re: My mollar and hopes are gone

what molar is it. you could have something way worse than just a molar gone. count your blessings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I can understand your frustration. However, cavities don't mean you have bad oral hygeine. Sometimes it's genetic or some other cause. And after all, it's only a tooth - it could be worse. Just have it pulled and be done with it. You can have an implant or a bridge done later.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
(male)

Felipee HB User

I know it could be worse, but it saddens me anyway.

Yesterday someone told me the implant could wait while I save some money. Does anyone can confirm that? Because the dentist told me of horrible consequences if I dont get it done asap. (I also understand he may want have that money)

Thanks to the person who send me a hug. Im a newbie, I dont know how to accept it yet.still figuring it out.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Just wanted to tell you that I had a molar taken out 1 and 1/2 years ago. I am 60. There has been no change in the alignment of my teeth, my smile is the exactly the same.

Actually, I was the one who asked my dentist about a false tooth there and she said it was not necessary. When I went to the oral surgeon, he said the same.

It was the 3rd tooth in from the back. The only "complication" I had was getting used to the space there in my mouth. It felt very noticable to me for the first few weeks. Now it is just a part of my mouth.

Wishing you well
reach

Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
(male)

Felipee HB User

Thank you very much reachout.

What you tell me makes me feel a lot more relieved. Today another dentist told me about something called Parcial Flippers, and they are a more affordable option to replace a tooth and it only costs $300.

Thanks all for your support.

The following user gives a hug of support to Felipee:
reachout (02-22-2012)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

I am sure all will be just fine. :-) Post when you get done and let us know how things went.

Hugs
reach

Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
(female)

herpelow HB User

You are not filthy because you have cavities. The most prevelant disease on earth is dental cavities- no joking it really is. Poor oral hygiene is not the only cavity causing culprit. Other causes can be dry mouth, heavy sugar consumption in food AND drinks and another people really don't think about is bottled water. Only those like gerber and nursery water are fluoridated. There has been a slight rise in cavity rates with more people drinking bottled water.Communities typically have fluoridated water supplies-very few municipal water supplies are unfluoridated. This is seen more previdently in children however.

Another option for replacing missing teeth is having a bridge placed. This will be an option only if there is a tooth on both sides of the space. The two teeth on either side is crowned and there is a fake tooth bonded between those crowns. It does not come in and out of your mouth. It is permanent also but is usually cheaper. Hope this helps.

Last edited by mod85; 02-24-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
(male)

Felipee HB User

Update on my case.

Well, Im looking at pieces of my molar while writing. It was in very bad shape and it had cavities underneath a filling I had done after a root canal therapy. I did not know that could happen and I wonder if my prior dentist did not clean my tooth before placing the amalgam.

I think people wont notice that empty space so far. I´m saving money to have my implant done as soon as possible. Pain is under control with medication, I have not eaten anything yet and I am afraid of doing so.

Should I upload pictures of the healing process?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
(female)

herpelow HB User

Dry mouth can cause cavities. Many different medicines can dry the mouth. Mouth breathing during sleep(or daytime like people with chronic stuffy nose) can dry it too.

Closed Thread

Tags
root canal