It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
(female)

Cocoroni424 HB User
In crazy pain

I started yesterday with a severe toothache and nothing I took touched it. This morning I woke up to the left side of my face almost double in size. I do not have dental insurance and cannot afford to pay out of pocket. Does anyone have any suggestions how i can take care of this at home? The swelling and the pain. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
(female)

n2hlth HB Usern2hlth HB User
Re: In crazy pain

Dear Cocoroni424,
It sounds like you have a bad infection...which over time can make your teeth health worse. Myrrh is a rinse that can be used to help fight infection. Prickly Ash will help the pain. both these are Native American remedies. There are also Dentist that are very affordable and will make payment plans...try to locate on soon. Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
(female)

n2hlth HB Usern2hlth HB User

Dear Cocoroni424,
It sounds like a bad infection/abcess. Here is a name of a mouth rinse Myrrh to fight infection and the other is Prickly Ash for pain, they are Native American treatments....but you need to locate a affordable Dentist with a possible payment program.

Please don't wait to long to get treatment...waiting could cost even more if the infection gets worse.

N2hlth

h

Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Go straight to a Dentist.
You sound as if you have an Abscess. I had one myself just before Christmas the pain was unreal.
You will need Antibiotics for the infection and if you leave it the infection could spread.

Solofelix.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
Soloflex is right! You need professional help NOW. An infection that has spread to soft tissue needs antibiotics. There is nothing you can do for yourself at home. An infection that causes that much swelling in a short period of time is an emergency in the making.

Go to your local hospital Emergency Room. They can at least give you antibiotics but you really have to get to a dentist. Leaving an infection that has spread to soft tissue will only cause bone loss over a period of time without treatment. Bone loss leads to tooth loss.

PLEASE find a dentist that can take you on a sliding scale or spread out payments. Dental infections are nothing to fool around with. They require professional treatment.

GOOD LUCK and do something now!

My best to you,
Gellia

Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

Cocoroni424 HB User

I was able to get ahold of my doctor and he Prescribed me a strong antibiotic to fight bacterial infections. I have to go visit him tomorrow. Tonight I'm 93% pain free and the swelling has decreased a bit. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
I'm so glad you were able to do something. Please let us know how you are doing!

My very best to you,
Gellia

Old 02-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi cocoroni,

Pleased to hear the pain is getting better. After the Antibiotics I would sugest you get a Dental check-up.
Sometimes pain from one tooth can affect another.
Also dont forget PROBIOTICS after Antibiotics. Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread