It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

Hahedi HB User
Trouble after RCT

HI,
I need help.
My teeth have always been sensitive and i had to go under RCT for two of my teeth in Dec end last year. I got this treatment in India (because that is where i am from and the place i have shifted to i know no dentist).
It was great until a month (trust me i had forgotten that i had done a RCT and was on no medication.)
But then one day i feel i chewed something hard and felt a sudden pain in one of my RCT tooth.... This was around Feb mid i guess. I called my dentist in india and he told me to repeat one dose of my medicine. (antibiotics and painkillers).
I did that and since then the pain is controlled however i am left with a pulling sensation in both my RCTs and unable to chew anything from the left side.
After a few days i was not required to take any pain killers but i can't use my left side and tingling and pulling sensation hasn't left me.... and feel it more in the morning and feel as if my jaw is swollen (i can see it isn't but i feel it) !!!!

What can i do?

Harbeer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Trouble after RCT

Hi,
You really need to get back to the dentist and have him check the RCT teeth for a fracture. It's possible that there is a small crack in one of the teeth and the periodontal ligament is pulling it each time you try to use it.

If the sensation doesn't go away, go back. Unfortunately, treatment for a root fracture is usually extraction.

Hope this helps.
My best to you,
Gellia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Trouble after RCT

Hi,
Hopefully all that happened is that you traumatized the tooth or teeth. It does sound like one could have sustained a fracture though. The pulling sensation you feel may be the periodontal ligament pulling at the fractured root.

The best thing would be to get to your dentist for an evaluation and xray of the RCT teeth. Fractured roots can be very difficult to diagnose if they are small. Usual treatment is extraction.

Hope this helps.
Best to you,
Gellia

Closed Thread