It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

kelsa23 HB User
Neck Bump under jaw and right below left earlobe. Trouble swallowing. Low grade fever

Hi I am 23 years old/female. I have been having these strange symptoms for about 5 months now. (after I got over having Strep Group C. Yes, "C". Soon after that I developed Bacterial Vaginosis. I took antibiotics for it that caused oral thrush! I've been dealing with a lot of dry mouth. Like horrible dry mouth, to where it feels like my tongue is cracking. I have been getting a low grade fever that ranges between 99.1 -99.8 for a few months. I have this pulling painful lump in my neck right under my jaw and under my left earlobe. it hurts when I take a deep breath. I can feel it move when I move my neck. I feel the pain in my ear (also, I do have a cavity on that side on the lower molar that the decay is close to the nerve which the dentist suggested extraction) I keep losing my voice as well. I have horrible dizziness and vertigo. I get so light headed
Also, I found out that I have pinched nerves in my back/shoulder as well. (that I just started seeing a physical therapist for) Causing my left arm to constantly feel weak and tingly. It feels like I am breathing more shallow lately. My eyes feel very heavy and watery too. I had a ct scan of my abdomen(Normal) a esophagram(normal) my bloodwork so far has turned out NORMAL... I literally feel like I'm going crazy and I don't know what to do. I haven't been "myself" in months. I am very irritable, crying ALL the time. always in pain. I am 5'7 and have lost 15 pounds since this started. I am now at 102 pounds. I've been in and out of the hospital with no obvious causes suggested from blood work. I'm so scared.(I don't want to die) anyone have ANY ideas to help? Pleasse
P.S.. the only medication I am on is allergy drops. (allergy choice)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Neck Bump under jaw and right below left earlobe. Trouble swallowing. Low grade f

these "lumps" + low grade fever mean you have an infection, and since you are getting laryngitis it sounds like you still have strep throat and you need to go back and see your doctor. some times it takes more than one course of antibiotics to clear. You also need to get that decayed tooth removed because it's full of bacteria.

The Following User Says Thank You to captjane For This Useful Post:
kelsa23 (04-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
(female)

kelsa23 HB User
Re: Neck Bump under jaw and right below left earlobe. Trouble swallowing. Low grade f

Thanks CAPTJANE. I haven't had a sore throat. Do you know if I could still have strep infection if I don't have a sore throat?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
(female)

Kanona HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsa23 View Post
Thanks CAPTJANE. I haven't had a sore throat. Do you know if I could still have strep infection if I don't have a sore throat?

Kind of random but yes, my kids get strep pretty frequently and very, very rarely have a sore throat with it. Their biggest complaint is always a headache.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

Quote:
yes you can, and strep is a very common cause of laryngitis. I would also suggest you start taking vitamin c to boost your immune system, and whenever a doctor puts you on antibiotics, start taking a probiotic for at least a few weeks afterwards, although some times you may have to take them for longer because antibiotics are terrible for causing yeast infections (thrush)

From your symptoms, you have some type of throat infection (since you recently had strep it's probably the same infection), and it may have worked it's way down to your chest also. once you get this this treated most of your symptoms should disappear. The pinched neck/arm pain are unlikely to be related.

Last edited by captjane; 04-04-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
(female)

Amanda6 HB UserAmanda6 HB User

Quote:
Hi I am 23 years old/female. I have been having these strange symptoms for about 5 months now. (after I got over having Strep Group C. Yes, "C". Soon after that I developed Bacterial Vaginosis. I took antibiotics for it that caused oral thrush! I've been dealing with a lot of dry mouth. Like horrible dry mouth, to where it feels like my tongue is cracking. I have been getting a low grade fever that ranges between 99.1 -99.8 for a few months. I have this pulling painful lump in my neck right under my jaw and under my left earlobe. it hurts when I take a deep breath. I can feel it move when I move my neck. I feel the pain in my ear (also, I do have a cavity on that side on the lower molar that the decay is close to the nerve which the dentist suggested extraction) I keep losing my voice as well. I have horrible dizziness and vertigo. I get so light headed
Also, I found out that I have pinched nerves in my back/shoulder as well. (that I just started seeing a physical therapist for) Causing my left arm to constantly feel weak and tingly. It feels like I am breathing more shallow lately. My eyes feel very heavy and watery too. I had a ct scan of my abdomen(Normal) a esophagram(normal) my bloodwork so far has turned out NORMAL... I literally feel like I'm going crazy and I don't know what to do. I haven't been "myself" in months. I am very irritable, crying ALL the time. always in pain. I am 5'7 and have lost 15 pounds since this started. I am now at 102 pounds. I've been in and out of the hospital with no obvious causes suggested from blood work. I'm so scared.(I don't want to die) anyone have ANY ideas to help? Pleasse
P.S.. the only medication I am on is allergy drops. (allergy choice)
I have had symptoms like that caused by TMJ dysfunction. It causes ear pain, dizziness and vertigo, lumps in neck which are due to tight and inbalanced muscles in the neck, and pinched nerves in the shoulder and back...

Closed Thread