It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
(male)

KS guy HB User
Does it make sense to get dental implants one at a time?

Most of my teeth are messed up. I have a dry mouth problem and some other issues where my teeth are fragile and break easily.

And i so don't want dentures.

I can't afford to get alot of implants at once, i thought maybe i could save up and get one at a time, save up, and get the other, and continue.

Starting with the essential teeth. (front ones)

I think dental implants are still at least $1k-2k each. so i was thinkin i might be able to afford to get a new one done every few months and in a couple years i should have a decent mouth.

I don't know about having to need my jar bone built up, im only 28 and had the first tooth removed a year or so ago so it the gum line hasnt shrunken that much, and some of the teeth i need to have replaced with an implant are still there mostly, so i think they could probably just pull those and replace them soon after the area heals so bone loss wont be much. Im only guessing thats how they could do it.

i think i need at least 10.

Does it make sense to go about it this method?

I'd rather be completely broke for the next few years doing than this having dentures.

Last edited by KS guy; 04-03-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Does it make sense to get dental implants one at a time?

It is a perfectly viable option, to do one implant at a time. Yes, it will work out just fine.
I would also advise that you ask your dentist if they offer any sort of monthly payment plan. That might allow you to do more than one at a time, just to move things along.
Good luck !!! Implants are wonderful, I have two myself.

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread