It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

hello40 HB User
Unhappy Desperate PLEASE HELP Crown came off & NO post it there !!

My crown came off in the middle of the night and its #6( I think) near the front, I have been sick all morning. I went to see the periodontist and he said there is nothing left like a post to put it back on with now. He said if I see a dentist they may need to do a rootcanal, post and gum lenghening.

I am going on Monday to see the dentist, but I am frantic with worry, and sick over this. Can someone please tell me if a dentit can try to put it back with little tooth maybe ? I begged the perio and he said he would not waste his time.

I have it on now with fixadent, but im not sure if this will hold a little while . What can I do to try to get the crown to stay on ? Is there anything at all until I figure out what my options are ??

ALso, I did not find a post anywere. Is it possible to put it back on without a post ? ANd what if I already had a previous rooth canal , is this ok to re;\-dp a post ?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just sick with worry...Thanks so much for all your time

Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

DumbGirl HB User
Re: Desperate PLEASE HELP Crown came off & NO post it there !!

This might be bad advice, but I have done it before. I would brush/clean everything really good, dry with hair dryer and super glue it back on until a dentist can look at it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
(female)

hello40 HB User

Hello, thanks for your response. I actually bought that this morning and my daughter took it back to the store because she didnt want me using it...But thanks for your advice, how long did it last you when you put it back on , did it hold for a while and was your post gone from the tooth ? thanks again

Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Super glue,( cyanoacrylate) is non-toxic, and is used instead of sutures to close wounds.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

It seems as if the tooth has broken off. That is why the periodontist could not glue the crown back on. Your dentist may try something heroic and place pins and a build-up for the crown to adhere to but it sounds like the periodontist's recommendation is the way to go. There just isn't anything much left of the tooth to put a crown on. #6 is a cuspid, and they have a long root and take a lot of lateral jaw motion stress. Don't worry, dentist's have all sorts of reconstruction techniques. Since there isn't anything left of the tooth, the dentist has to reconstuct it. You will be ok you will get a tooth back in that spot. Hang in there. Sharon

Last edited by Administrator; 04-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

Tfill HB User

Hi All, I am new here, but wanted to say I had a #10 snap off a few years back. Had a root canal on it back in 1975. Then a nice cap on it much later...than oops. The dentist put in a new post (not sure how), drilled out my cap to fit the post and it looks great. If that is not an option for you.... I am sure something can be done. My Dentist is very creative!! Think positive!!

Closed Thread