It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
(male)

loponai HB User
Unhappy Gum pulled back very far on front tooth

I have had this for awhile. For some reason I have been noticing it more recently because I stopped wearing my retainer. My teeth on the bottom start jutting towards my tongue a little more and they even get rough, so I started feeling a the gum pulled back and the little bump infront of it. It has made me worried because the gum is pulled back quite far, and the little bump is sore. My teeth are also slightly recessed in the front. But the other day I had a theory as to why the tooth in the back has such a recessed gum. Apples.

I am a voracious apple eater. I have been eating lots, and I mean LOTS for my first two years of college. Every one knows they are good for you, and I thought hell, the more the merrier. Sometimes though when I would bite into an apple, the gums back of my front lower teeth would get cut up a little bit due to the hardness of the apple skin. I like fuji apples, and they are quite crisp and sweet. I thought it was nothing to worry about, and it was just a natural reaction from my gums.

But now that I had this theory, I am almost sure apples are the culprit. The last couple of days I have not had many apples, most exclusively oranges. The soreness went away mostly in fact, but I attributed it to my new sensodyne toothpaste and regular use of my retainer. But today I ate a particularly hard apple and the soreness came back. I then look into the mirror and my gum looked very sore indeed. The bottom of the gum looks like a small part has been peeled back a little bit. Now, it seems like this has been happening very gradually for the past two years. What am I to do? Cease my apple addiction and let the soreness go away and continue on? A gum graft seems very scary, and I can't go to my dentist for a couple of months to seek help, because I am still at college and home is far away.

Here is the best picture I could get:
http://**********.us/photo/my-images/641/photovd.png/

Edit: My last trip to the dentist she did say I had mild gingivitis, and the gums on the front of these teeth are also receded, but I am at a loss on how to cure my gingivitis, that is, if I still have it. I realize that gums do not grow back, and I floss and brush my teeth everyday. Any tips? I think my gingivitis might be genetic..

Last edited by loponai; 04-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread