It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

Chance22 HB User
Questions about fillings

I had two fillings done today (my first ever) and they're right next to each other in the back. My question is, since I've never had fillings before and am not familiar with this, what are the rules for eating and drinking? Can I drink things like coffee or soda? And will eating harder foods hurt these fillings? Also, I quit smoking, so I chew sugarless gum a lot, and will that make the filling come out? A lot of questions, I know, but I just need to know, because I think I'm gonna have to get more fillings in the future.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Sarah532 HB User
Re: Questions about fillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance22 View Post
I had two fillings done today (my first ever) and they're right next to each other in the back. My question is, since I've never had fillings before and am not familiar with this, what are the rules for eating and drinking? Can I drink things like coffee or soda? And will eating harder foods hurt these fillings? Also, I quit smoking, so I chew sugarless gum a lot, and will that make the filling come out? A lot of questions, I know, but I just need to know, because I think I'm gonna have to get more fillings in the future.
I would give it a few days before you chew anything hard, but after that you are perfectly fine with eating whatever you want. I have about 7 or 8 fillings in my teeth, and have never had a problem at all. (Watch, the very next bite I take a filling will fall out! LOL) But you'll be fine...no problem at all.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking! I quit July 30th, 2011 and have been smoke free since! When did you quit? After about 7 months, I started to lay off the sugarless gum...just because I was chewing so much of it, it started to bother my stomach, so watch out for that. But chewing gum won't bother your fillings either. Believe me, like I said I went through a TON of gum and I was fine. Congrats again, that's awesome!

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
(male)

skipung HB User

You can eat or drink anything, but you won't want to chew gum over fillings, since this can lead to them falling out and requiring even more drilling to repair. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Sarah532 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipung View Post
You can eat or drink anything, but you won't want to chew gum over fillings, since this can lead to them falling out and requiring even more drilling to repair. Good luck!
Not true at all. You can definitely chew gum when you have fillings.

Closed Thread