It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

kati2012 HB User
Unhappy Bone Grafting and Implants

I'm wondering if people have had experience with bone grafting and immediate placement of an implant. I believe I am headed down the road of both procedures and I'm very nervous about, especially from a "how am I going to look" standpoint as the teeth are my front teeth.
I have never had issues with my teeth and now since January, I am having all kinds of issues.

Thank you.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB User
Re: Bone Grafting and Implants

I had my front teeth pulled with implants immediately placed, no bone grafting though. I can let you know how they look in a few weeks. Lol. I get my impressions for the permanent crowns this week, and the actual crowns the next week. I'll admit, I'm scared to death! Having said that they did an amazing job with the flipper and promised me I would be happy. They are my front teeth, and I had to get root canals on the teeth on either side, and have to get this crowned too.

I do know that metal free crowns are the most natural for the front teeth, which is what I am getting. I know they cost more, but not too much more (I am getting mine done in Mexico and they are 100 more each, but I don't know the cost difference here).

I can let you know in a few weeks if you want. I can say that I literally started crying when they said the roots were too cracked to save, and was beyond traumatized. I'm in sales and travel work, and thought 3 months would be hell, but they have flown by, and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

kati2012 HB User

Thank you for this reply. I'm a basket case, crying quite a bit regarding the situation. I would love to know how everything turns out. It is also good to know the flipper was not as bad as you originally thought.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

I totally get it! It's your front teeth! And I loved my teeth and smile. I'll for sure let you know, no worries. I will say you are not supposed to eat with the flipper. I was way careful, and it did ok. I ate mostly protein shakes when I was working in the office. Fish was also a good soft, choice.

I have only had one person know my flipper wasn't real real teeth-and she also can tell if I out on my eye shadow differently. Everyone else thought this was the final restoration and that it looked great-and I have brutally honest friends.

Have you searched online? That's what calmed me down, there are some great photo's that made me feel better. Just make sure your dentist will do metal free crowns, because from what I've seen that makes all the difference.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Ok, I got my final crowns on Friday. They look really good-better than my original teeth. the only issue is that my teeth are so white they are a bit translucent. They got the color down, but they couldn't make it more see through without making the crown too weak (my teeth are obscenely white because I'm polish with really fair skin). They look very natural, and I'm pleased even minus the translucency. I worried about having the "I have a crown look" on my front teeth, but had no cause to.

I'm still too puffy to eat on them though, as I leave lupus and touching my tissue makes me way swollen. I'm assuming that will be fine too once the swelling goes down.

Let me know if you need more information.

Closed Thread