It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

Avalanche109 HB User
Angry Not sure what to think of this office.

I was 4 months overdue to get a cleaning. I go in and everyone but the dentist and biller are different. I'm not liking the new hygenist. So I get my xrays an shecan't hang up the lead apron b/c the towel rack it hangs on is broken. So she says something and the other tech says it's broken b/c he doesn't have the $$ to fix it!!!!!! Bad feeling #1.
So she goes to check my pockets and it feels like she's digging. I've never had that hurt to the point where I was backing away and ****** off.
then she goes on about here's what I found and you need the deep root planing and antibiotics and you need to come back every 3 months. Then she went and "fixed" the pocket paper that she gave with me to take with me. She said a bunch of it was wrong.
Just between not liking her and feeling like I'm getting taken I need to check out a new dentist. It's a shame, because the last was great. If he said I needed it I wouldn't have questioned it.
Anyone have any input?
Oh yeah. Then there's a lady leaving from getting her teeth whitened and she said her lip was burning.
And my hygenist had the appointment after me cancel b/c she took so long with me doing nothing. It's like she didn't know what she was doing.
I had no way to ask her credentials without coming across wrong. I really wanted to know when she graduated dental hygienist school.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
(male)

PainMgt HB User
Re: Not sure what to think of this office.

Go somewhere else. There are usually plenty of other dentist's available. Try looking around on the web for local reviews first if possible. Or ask a neighbor, or coworker. I have never liked teeth/gum cleanings. I had the same thing this last visit extra scraping under the gum line . Did the anti inflammatory toothpaste and then went back in 3 weeks, for more digging and scraping. At least my hygienist knew I was in pain and offered to rub that numbing gel on my gums so she could do her job and I could sit a little easier

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Not sure what to think of this office.

Sounds like you should go with your gut, and go elsewhere. These are lots of red flags, aren't they!!

Closed Thread