It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
(male)

SRT2 HB User
How to find a dentist who does dentures

What's the best way to find a dentist who is good at fitting
dentures?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

Evelyn99 HB User
Re: How to find a dentest who does dentures

I'm just starting this little adventure myself. I went with a denture clinic, largely on the grounds that since they do this all day, every day, they have gotten plenty of practice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: How to find a dentist who does dentures

Talking to friends and family even if they do not wear dentures. Many people know someone who does and while it is a difficult subject to bring up, speaking to someone who has dentures and find out who did the work, are they happy and most of all do You think they look natural. A personal referral goes a long way.

Yes, the clinics do a lot of denture work but they may be short on personal service and getting dentures is something that takes time and expertise to get right.

Contact local dental offices and ask about how much denture work they do. can they give you references from patients who are pleased with the outcome of their work. Price is not the only criteria to look at.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

Evelyn99 HB User

Very true, Sandybeech. Recommendations are awesome if you can find them, and even if you don't know anyone, it's a good idea to look online. I was very comfortable with this office because we'd already used it for my mother, and also they got very good online reviews (all the ones I could find on Yelp and such). Two of my husband's sisters work there as well, so that gave me even more assurance, but I know, based on talking with them and experience, that they encourage multiple visits, do good follow-up, etc., for all patients. The main thing different for me is that I got a slight (slight) break on price and my own sweet dental assistant staying the night with me the first night.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
(male)

Relay HB User

Among dentists, prosthodontics specialize in crowns, bridges, and dentures. They have additional training for this and are held to a higher standard of care.

Closed Thread