It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

tdonline HB User
Recurring brown stains

The last couple of days I have noticed with horror brown staining of my bottom teeth. It's mostly close to the gum lines. I can brush and scratch the stains away. The stains happen after I eat, though not every single time. If I gargle and swish water vigorously, some of the staining goes away too. So in other words, it's very superficial and soft.

I never drink coffee. I used to drink tea daily but haven't done so in months. The only time I have soda is when I make root beer floats. But I haven't had one in a couple of weeks. I do not smoke.

I have the last couple of months used xylitol as part of my dental care. Either with mints or just rinsing with pure xylitol. I have used xylitol once before for a long period and did not have this problem.

I'm really worried that my already fragile teeth are falling apart! What is going on? I would go to my dentist but I'm currently unemployed and no longer have dental insurance. I am about 3 months past my bi-annual cleaning. And finally, I am prone to plaque.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
(female)

dentalfairy HB User
Re: Recurring brown stains

your teeth are not falling apart.... staining is common as all foods have color.... and when you dont brush properly the foods stay around the gum line and harden over a short time....brush 2 times a day start at the gum line on the inner and outer sides of teeth meaning lip side and tongue side...then brush the teeth also both sides... this will help lessen the staining... the old stains will have to be removed by a professional cleaning.... some dental offices are offering specials on cleanings or go to a dental hygiene college where the hygienists need patients to practice for a cheaper fee....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread