It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
(male)

YARDOGG HB User
Bottom teeth

My two front bottom teeth are coming loose my gums have deteriorated there's now gaps where the gum is suppose to be and the bottom of my teeth are getting black may i mention my two teeth look long. What can it be and can it be saved by a dentist? I have no dental insurance and was wondering how much will a dental visit cost me please help and thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
(male)

MouthPain4Life HB User
Re: Bottom teeth

It sounds like periodontal disease(gingivitis) in full swing. Sorry but it sounds like it may be too late to save your teeth. If they are coming loose then they are usually done for. But im no dentist so don't take my word for it.

Only reason I am saying this is because I have the same issue and just started a dental plan that included a deep cleaning(root planing) to scrape all that black stuff and bacteria growing in the pockets out. My disease was progressing just like yours minus the loose teeth and dentist told me I was close to the point of no return.
Luckily it has been reversed and I have healthy gums again. It sounds like yours are far worse than mine were.
Lack of insurance or not you need to see a dentist immediately. Even if they cant save those teeth the rest are in danger. Periodontal disease is never in just one or two teeth, just worse from one tooth to the other and the deep cleaning is the only way to stop it. You literally cant fix this on your own.

My deep cleanings were done in 4 separate visits at around $300 each.It depends on how bad each quadrant of your mouth is. I cant comment on the two teeth being saved and the cost involved in that.

Look for a dental school near your area if you cant afford it or finance it like I did.

(I payed $5000 for my entire plan at 14.9%apr for 5 years but I had far more wrong than just the deep cleanings. 5 fillings, root canal, crown, 3 wisdom teeth pulled and all the cleanings)
The longer you wait the worse it will be and the more expensive to fix.

Last edited by MouthPain4Life; 05-15-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: misinformation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread