It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

jennyct10 HB User
Unhappy no help

I had an immediate implant in March. The pain never really went away. The person who did the implant says it is just healing slowly. In the meantime, I went on vacation and my cheek, as well as the top of the implant, increased in pain to the point I had a raging headache. The ship doctor( yes, it was a cruise), said it was an infection and gave me Augmentin 875 for 7 days.

The periodontist who did the implant does not want to see me because she says it's my sinuses, and the ENT says it's not a sinus infection. Now, I just finished the Augmentin and the pain is back. The meds were torture on my stomach... worse than a gallbladder attack.

I don't know what to do because the ER will just give me more stomach shredding meds, but I still don't know where exactly the pain is coming from. Both teeth next to the implant hurt also, up into my nose, cheek, temple and head. I even called an oral surgeon, and they refused to see me, stating that they "don't get in the middle" of someone else's work.

So, do I wait until I have a fever and obvious abscess? Or do I go to walk in clinics and continue taking antibiotics? By the way, last year it took me two months to diagnose a "large abscess" from an old root canal which bothered me from the year I got married in 1996. The ONLY way they found it was with a CT scan, and I actually just had an MRI of the area one month earlier.

Last edited by jennyct10; 05-25-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: no help

There are good dental professionals and there are bad, or not-so-good dental professionals. It's not really easy to find the really good ones that you can trust to do a good job.

What I would do would be to locate the most competent, most highly thought of periodontist in my area and go to him to check the implant.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 05-26-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, dental, implant, pain