It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

still not happy HB User
Angry Hole in sinus

Well i don't usually write one of these threads my self i'm use to reading them to help with any of the issue's i have been having but so far i have not heard from anyone that has had this problem or knows what i can do about it. so here is my story! i'm getting dentures and well my Oral surgeon wanted to do my tooth removal in two phases which to me was great since i have to be in front of people all day at work. so phase 1 we went in and removed all of my back teeth and that left me with 12 in front on the top and bottom. and he said that there was a hole in my sinus cavity when he removed one of my molars and he went in and fixed it he said he put some bone and mesh in there and covered it with a membrane which all sounds great right. well it was till i kept getting this nasty taste in my mouth a few days afterward and yes im a smoker. any way it was also real sensitive when i talked it felt horrible. so i called the Doctor and and he said to come in and let him look so i did, i went in he looked around said everything looks great. and said that the sensitivity was part of the healing process so i went home. well later that night i still felt the sensitivity and got up went in the bathroom with the flash light and was looking at the site. and there was this yellow looking stuff there and it was nasty looking so i got tissue and i went in and got it. come to find out i was pulling the sinuses out of the hole and now it is straight open. now i can feel lots of air through it. so i called the Doctor the next day and they said we need you in here for Emerg. surg. well i was all upset that the Doctor himself did not spot this and take care of it. but i went in the next day and was asking him how he was going to fix it and so on. well next thing i know i was waking up. he had taken my cheek and made a flap out of it and sewed it to my gums. now he did not put more bone and mesh or a membrane in this hole he just simply took the cheek and made a flap and put it over this hole! well i had the stitches in for 2 weeks and not a problem. and Doc said it was about time to take them out and i said cant we leave them in for a little while longer he looked in my mouth and said they are doing no good in there so he took them out. well since he did that the sensitivity has come back when i talk and last night i could see drainage again... has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. oh and i went to an ENT who said oh everything looks great.. and you have the best Oral surgeon around.. please if anyone has had this and can help..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread