It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

courtney1111 HB User
Unhappy Problems after tooth extraction... Please Help!

I had tooth number 14 pulled 11 days ago. This was done by a general dentist. I was offered a root canal but couldn't afford one and the tooth was killing me. No sign of infection on xray. Extraction took well over a hour, had to cut the tooth in sections to remove. A small piece of root broke off and he was able to remove it. I was very sore and it bleed heavily for 6 hours. Blood clot formed and it slowly started to feel better. I did however have a sensation of air coming through the hole I thought. Never had any fluid come out of my nose but sometimes would taste something salty from the extraction site. Did everything post op instructions said. No blowing nose, sucking through straw, rinsing with warm salt water several times a day. Was put on 500mg of amoxicillian for 10 days. Now I have upper left jaw and cheek pain but it doesn't feel like it's from the extraction site. Also intermittent nausea. And for the past 3 days my left ear is killing me!!! I haven't had a earache like this since I was a kid. Also lots of pressure in my ear and constantly feel the need to pop it. Do you think he perforated my sinus? When I wake up in the morning the left sinuses are clogged but clear up after I'm up and moving around. I'm also have SEVERE lower left jaw and teeth pain but think this is related to tooth number 19 as I had it filled almost 3 weeks ago and it's a huge filling and I think the nerve was damaged during the filling. I'm having that one pulled on Tues since I can't afford the root canal. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this. I'm going to my reg Dr tomorrow to see about my ear but should I ask to go to a ENT or go back to the original dentist who pulled the tooth to discuss if my sinus was perforated. I have never been in this much pain. I must take Advil every 4 hours or it comes back with a vengeance and I still experience break through pain with that. I would rather go through natural childbirth than deal with this pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
(female)

sj94510 HB User
Re: Problems after tooth extraction... Please Help!

I hope you let us know what your regular doc tells you.
My fear and don't let this freak you out is:
the fact that the Dentist had to split the tooth in the removal process, and that there were bone frags left.
I had upper right #13 pulled by the ***** that did this root canal in #12 that has plagued me since Oct 2011. Not one day have I been out of pain, can't work, can't talk, can't function.
back to my concerns with you;
I am wondering if he fractured the jaw bone, and in the process damaged other nerves....
Why is dental work treated like it is no big deal, this is serious life threatening work they do, and it is too expensive for majority of results I read are bad.
I had a bone bone fragment in the extraction area and the jerk told me one day I just won't feel it anymore. Well I still feel it and the root canal in front of it.
I have no insurance limited income, and no one to help me out. So I am freaked, starting to get depressed and I never get depressed.
in order to eat I have to take neurontin which makes me feel like a zombie and hung over next day, what kind of life is this? or if I can scrape up enough money I will have to get it pulled, and bleed for up to 12 hours like last time. I don't think 12 hours of gushing blood is a good thing or your 6 hour bleeding. TOO MUCH

Closed Thread