It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

GlitterKitty74 HB User
Exclamation Abscess tooth & shortness of breath

I have had many Abscessed teeth as I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a dentist. The current one is in the top upper left all the way in the back. I have taken bactrim DS for the past 3 days and it helped somewhat (I know it is not for my problem but It is what we had) I have had severe headaches today with shortness of breath to the point I can't really go more than 10 feet with out feeling so tired and short of breath. Now the pain feels like it is in my jaw and seems to creep down the base of my neck. I really don't know if these things are related or if I might have another problem on my hands. My heart seems to flutter every few hours to the point where I feel like I should be able to look down and see it beating (but of course I can't) My legs also seem to hurt just to move them but they are not swollen. My hands are starting swell.....has increased over the last few hours. Not sure what I should do or if I am just being a big baby.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Abscess tooth & shortness of breath

How bad is the swelling from the abscessed tooth? Do you have a fever? Swollen glands? If the tooth infection is starting to spread, you must get it seen to within 24 hours.

Of course, it could be something different, I don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
(female)

GlitterKitty74 HB User

I have mild fever (under 100 degrees) the swelling for this infection was bad enough I couldn't close my mouth all the way as it was right where my jaw hinges. It has gone down though since I started taking bactrim DS. My Lymph nodes are slightly swollen. Going to the doctor isn't an option. I don't have insurance and I have an outstanding bill of over $25K from an appendectomy 2 years ago

Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You know, most dental schools have low-cost clinics open to the public. I don't know if you live anywhere near one, but it's something to look into.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

GlitterKitty74 HB User

Closest one is 2 hours away. No even possible as I have 2 jobs, Hubby is sick and on disability for the next year and 6 kids in the home

Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

GlitterKitty,
Go to the Emergency Room of your local hospital. They cannot turn you away because of no insurance and will give you antibiotics and something for pain. It is IMPERATIVE that you get the right antibiotics for this.
Please go. They shouldl be able to help you.

GOOD LUCK.
Please let us know how you are.
Best to you,
Gellia

Old 06-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

tanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB User

Please go to the ER as soon as possible, dental infections can kill. Sometimes the hospital will have a dentist on call to pull the tooth. Evenif you owe them money they have to see you

Have you looked for community clinics? There are often lost cost clinics in the county, and they are based on income and lack of insurance. If you cant find one in your area, and the ER cant pull the tooth, you have to find a way to get it cared for. If it was just about the pain, dental infections are very, very serious. Please treat this as seriously as you would if it was one of your children (you know, where'd you move heaven and earth to get it addressed).

I'm truly so sorry-it sounds like you already have way too much stress for any one person to deal with!

Closed Thread

Tags
abscess, pain, short of breath, tooth