It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Gingivitis?/Candida? or im crazy???

Hi all im in desperate need for opinions on what is going on with my mouth.It all started as written below sorry if its long I didn't want to leae anything out.Thanks for any help!!

March 3rd I woke up and had a massive chest pressure from a weightliftig accident.They checked my heart,xrays etc.I was given muscle relaxers,anti-inflammatories plus I was sucking down advil 400mg and ibuprophen ,and volteren gel.Once I took the muscle relaxers thats when I started the massive dry mouth.I then went to the ER because my back pain was bad from the injury and they gave me Lyrica.The dry mouth amplfied and alse my teeth started tigling and hurting/throbbing in jaw.

The doctors said the throbbing in my jaw was all my muscle tension and it pulled my jaw out of alignment!?! And the jaw pain caused my teeth to hurt hmmmmm weird right? Anyways I stopped using all the lyrica and stuff and just used Advil,and tums /pepto because my stomach was an acid pit from all thses drugs

The jaw pain went away and somewhat most of the teeth pain,just randomly it would flare up like when I drank booze.Two weeks ago I started to get blood in my saliva and super bad breath so I was like ***? So my doctor said go get a gastroscopy you may have an ulcer from all the meds you took.Scopy came back I was tip top nothing in stomach,esophgus 100% perfect.We checked further and my gums were super red and bleeding.Most likely all the dry mouth and having slept with my mouth open to relieve the jaw pain.

Long story short I went on a rampage and started cleaning 3 times a day,waterpiking,using crest total care that apprently reversus gingvitis in 4 weeks , and rinsing 30 secs at a time 3 times a day with Listerine Zero.The good news is my gums stopped bleeding,bad breath is gone,bad news it seems I burnt my tongue and caused small white bumps to form almost like I ate 2 ilbs of sour candy powder,but didn't.Plus I hae a small white film on my tongue.I read Listerine zero can do a hell of a number and burn gums and the tongue(I had gum peeling to).So long story short do you think I hae a candida infection because of what I did with all those drugs and it can explain also the weird jaw tension I still hae a bit plus when I eat sometimes I feel nausus? although im not sick from the top or bottom functions? Or did I just hae gingviti and reversed it but then destoyed my mouth and especially tongue and back of throat with listerine zero .I used half a big bottle in 9 days plus 1/4 small bottle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
(female)

slepey HB User
Re: Gingivitis?/Candida? or im crazy???

The kind of medications you had to take could cause dry mouth or more specifically - deficient production of saliva. Saliva is there to constantly keep your mouth and gum moisturised and to clean your teeth, washing away the food debris. This obviously makes it a very important fluid, and so by not producing it your oral flora is threatened, so that is probably one of the reasons you got the irritated/inflamed gum. You need a good diet of natural foods to maintain good overall and oral health.

Overusing mouthwashes and brushing too often is not a good idea, even if it seems to help at the time, you should reduce it now. These products contain a lot of harmful ingredients and what is most important is the technique of cleaning, not the frequency of usage. Oral irrigators help a lot if your gum is more than mildly inflamed.

I can't really comment on your other problems, but there are a lot of pictures online of oral thrush, as well as the symptoms, so compare and see if that's what you have. You could also use a tongue cleaner or even just your brush to see if the stains will be removed with cleaning, if you're not convinced it's oral thrush. Mouthwashes could stain the tongue, as well as the teeth if it contains chlorhexidine, but whatever mouthwash it is, don't use it more than once per day.

Closed Thread