It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
(female)

Marga482 HB User
Is this a cavity?

Hello,

Since about a week, my last molar on the upper right is sensitive when I brush my teeth. I can't say it's pain but something feels funny.

It is only when I brush my teeth. Not when eating, drinking or with hot or cold.

I had my wisdom teeth removed in April, but since it is now July I doubt that could have anything to do with it.

When I just brush the tooth itself I don't feel anything. I just feel it when I brush in the gum area, especially when I brush the back of the tooth (where the wisdom tooth used to be next to it). Again, it's not really pain, more a sensitivity. My gums feel fine otherwise and there is no bleeding or anything like that.

I had my last full check up at the dentist in May. Everything looked good then, no cavitities.

I don't have much experience with cavities. Could this be one? Dentistry in my country is pretty expensive I since I've just been in May I don't want to rush there again.
I've been putting some toothpaste for sensitive teeth on the spot each night before going to bed. This seems to make it a little less.

Please give me your opinions. Is this a cavity and do I need to see a dentist or is this just a sensitive tooth?

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
(female)

Marga482 HB User
Re: Is this a cavity?

Almost 70 views and nobody has an answer for me? :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

The chances are that your gum has receded since the wisdom extraction and the dentine (dentin US) is exposed. If you keep going with the sensitive t/paste that should fix it. Wipe a bit of t/paste with your finger on the sensitive area last thing at night/

Old 07-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
(female)

slepey HB User

Explore the area with a finger and a mirror if possible. Gum pain is different from caries pain. Apply some pressure with your finger and tongue on the gum area in question. Do the same with the tooth. Make sure you clean well (don't be harsh with the brush) the back of the tooth where the wisdom one used to be beside it. I think your gum might be inflamed since your wisdom tooth was removed not long ago.

Closed Thread