It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
(male)

timtitus HB User
Unhappy TMJ on right side after left side wisom tooth removal

I had 4 wisdom tooth that grew in perfectly normal and never caused me any pain. They all got cavities though.

I was told the top right one couldn't be saved. The others could but I was told I should get them out anyway. I was also told they would come out easily because they were erupted.

Top two came out relatively easily. Then they went to take out the bottom left. It broke in half. They had to cut into my jaw to dig the bottom half out. I told them to stop. It wasn't worth the risk of cutting into the jaw. So I just got a filling in the bottom right one, my last remaining wisdom tooth.

Now I have popping when I open my jaw on my right side. I also have neck pain on my right side. Again, all these problems are on the side where I still have one wisdom tooth. Although I didn't have any of these problems when I had 4.

Should I get the last wisdom tooth out? Will that make my jaw even and make the stuff go away? Or will it make my jaw even and make both sides have problems?

Closed Thread

Tags
neck ache, tmj, wisdom teeth