It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

teresa 1 HB User
remake of intermediate upper plate

I had p upper teeth extracted on July 5th. Immediate plate was put in and 1 week later went in for an adjustment due to rubbing on my palate. The following week went back in due to food and liquids getting up under the plate. They put in a soft liner and the only thing that accomplished was a better fit, no ned for adhesive. The food and liquid is still getting under the plate and now i am gagging as the plate feels like it is sitting to far back. I called dentist and they said i would have to have the plate remade. I am going in a.m. for remake. Does anyone know if this is normal or not.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: remake of intermediate upper plate

Immediate dentures are fitted basically by guesswork since you had some or all of your teeth when the impression was taken. How the mouth ends up once the teeth are removed is just a guess initially. It is not the least bit unusual to have fit issues with immediate dentures. It is good and prudent of your dentist to offer to make a new denture for you. The fit will be much better and you get some input on how the teeth are set. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
(female)

teresa 1 HB User

Thank you Sandy for your reply. I went in yesterday and my dentist tried with everything he had to remake my immediate but my bite kept being off with every impression. He tried most of the morning to get it right then decided to rebase my existing plate. What a difference!!! My fit is so much better and the suction that i have is tremendous. I don't need to use any adhesive at all. I still get some food and liquid under plate but not as much as before and i am assuming that this must be normal.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa 1 View Post
Thank you Sandy for your reply. I went in yesterday and my dentist tried with everything he had to remake my immediate but my bite kept being off with every impression. He tried most of the morning to get it right then decided to rebase my existing plate. What a difference!!! My fit is so much better and the suction that i have is tremendous. I don't need to use any adhesive at all. I still get some food and liquid under plate but not as much as before and i am assuming that this must be normal.
You have to keep getting your denture fitted because your gums are healing ,and there is still swelling. As you heal your gyms shrink to cover all of your empty tooth sockets. I have never gotten food or liquid under my plate after I healed for about 3 months. My plate feels like my real teeth hardly even know there in.

Closed Thread