It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

here4help63 HB User
Question Why are my teeth always yellow? Details inside.

I brush my teeth twice a day, morning and night. My teeth just stay yellow/orange near the gum no matter how much I brush.
I read that coffee, tea, sweets, smoking, and stuff cause this but I don't do any of that!
I don't have a dentist appointment until October.
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what I can do to get rid of this yellow/orange crap on my teeth? And why is it there in the first place? Is there a certain way I can brush to remove it?
Thanks!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: Why are my teeth always yellow? Details inside.

It may be that the gums have receded and the roots are showing. The roots do not have an enamel coating so they are never as white as the rest of the teeth. Your dentist may be able to bleach the roots but the colour will never match the enamel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
(female)

emelef28 HB User

It very well could be your roots exposed, giving the yellow appearance. However, there is a proper way to brush:

Point the bristles of your toothbrush toward the gum line at a 45 degree angle. Gently push the bristles under the gum. Then, over 2 teeth at a time, move the brush in a vibration like manner. Do this for about 10 strokes and then move on to the next teeth.

And make sure not to brush too hard, as this can cause gum recession, resulting in exposed roots.

Improper brushing can leave plaque behind, which also leaves a yellowish tint. Hope this helps!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
(female)

Calais13 HB User

You need to floss, too, to remove plaque at the gum line. Try brushing and flossing after every meal or snack to minimize the amount of bacteria in your mouth and the potential for plaque formation, which not only decays teeth but leads to gum disease (which can progress to tooth loss). I also use a Waterpik before bedtime to flush out the bacteria around the teeth, in the sulci. I guarantee that if you commit to this regimen for one month, you will see a vast improvement in the health of your teeth and gums. And at the end of that month this routine will also be second nature, so you'll keep doing it.

Last edited by Calais13; 08-09-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Closed Thread