It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

hello40 HB User
Unhappy How to REMOVE Dental Cement from Home ?

Im sorry to post again but I just dont know what to do . My dentist told me to get out of his office yesterday and lefty me in a big mess ! My dental veneer broke in 2 a few days ago and he glued both pieces on wrong. I went back in yesterday and he tried to adjust the back a little but then in the middle of process told me to LEAVE and find someone else!

When I left, the veneer broke AGAIN! Im just sick about all this. I just want to get the other half off now since its sharp. There is 1/4 left on the tooth. ANy ideas how I can weaken the glue bond to try to get the rest off myself ?

I dont know if a dentist will even see me today . I read that peroxide and baking soda take off dental glue ? Has anyone ever heard of this before ?

Is this fixable ? Im scared and worried ! Thanks so much!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: How to REMOVE Dental Cement from Home ?

It has to be scraped off with a dental currette. Why would your dentist tell you to leave?

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
hello40 (08-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

hello40 HB User

Hi, what is a dental currette ? he told me to leave becuase he does not like to be questioned. I told him he placed it wrong and he said it was fine then he just turned into a different person and chased me out the front door ! I just not sure what to do for now...I dont kniow if I can someone weaken the glue so I can remove the rest of the veneer . There is less than half left and its sharp. Thanks for your reply !

Last edited by hello40; 08-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

You can't remove the cement yourself, you will need to see another dentist. Your dentist's behaviour is disgraceful and you should report him. The procedure for complaints against dentists varies according to the country you are in. Where are you?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

hello40 HB User

Hello, im in VA. and I did read similar reviews AFTER I was there, he did the same thing to another patient. Im not sure what I shold do because I cant seem to find anyone in my area with decent reviews . Do you know if its hard to repalce a veneer ? Thanks so much!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

To replace a veneer all the old cement has to be ground off with a dental drill, new impressions taken and a new veneer made and cemented.
Your dentist has behaved in a very unprofessional manner and you should make a formal complaint. I don't know the procedure for this in the USA but other visitors to this board should advise.

Closed Thread