It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

cmoon HB User
Unhappy Help: I can't find a solution to my jaw infections

In 2001, my jaw spontaneously fractured. Had jaw surgery and it was wired shut. A wisdom tooth was left in my lower right when I was a teenager. Now, I'm 37 years old, and for the past year, I've had continuous infections in my right jaw and lots of pain/migraines/muscle spasms. My face is constantly swollen, NEVER goes away. My x-rays show that my right jaw is eroding away and is fragile like someone 40 years older than I am now. I'm afraid it will break and if it does, I've been warned that it will snap my nerves which control function and feeling in my face. I've also been warned that if I continue to have infections they could lead to a fatal brain infection. A few months ago a surgeon took out the top of my wisdom tooth and had to leave the roots since they are wrapped in nerves. I've been to many doctors/maxillofacial surgeons and no one can tell me why I have the infections in my face/jaw area. They can see that my jaw looks awful and say I will need a jaw replacement one day or when it breaks. What can I do to keep my jaw from breaking? What kind of doctor should I see? Does anyone have advice or an idea of why my jaw is infected non-stop? I'm am so scared and I can't get any advice or answers from the doctors. I have never been to so many doctors that could not tell me what to do. I need to find out why I have continuous infections and swelling. If you can help, please offer any advice that you can. I am sad and scared. Thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to cmoon:
Kass490 (08-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
(female)

Kass490 HB UserKass490 HB UserKass490 HB User
Re: Help: I can't find a solution to my jaw infections

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoon View Post
In 2001, my jaw spontaneously fractured. Had jaw surgery and it was wired shut. A wisdom tooth was left in my lower right when I was a teenager. Now, I'm 37 years old, and for the past year, I've had continuous infections in my right jaw and lots of pain/migraines/muscle spasms. My face is constantly swollen, NEVER goes away. My x-rays show that my right jaw is eroding away and is fragile like someone 40 years older than I am now. I'm afraid it will break and if it does, I've been warned that it will snap my nerves which control function and feeling in my face. I've also been warned that if I continue to have infections they could lead to a fatal brain infection. A few months ago a surgeon took out the top of my wisdom tooth and had to leave the roots since they are wrapped in nerves. I've been to many doctors/maxillofacial surgeons and no one can tell me why I have the infections in my face/jaw area. They can see that my jaw looks awful and say I will need a jaw replacement one day or when it breaks. What can I do to keep my jaw from breaking? What kind of doctor should I see? Does anyone have advice or an idea of why my jaw is infected non-stop? I'm am so scared and I can't get any advice or answers from the doctors. I have never been to so many doctors that could not tell me what to do. I need to find out why I have continuous infections and swelling. If you can help, please offer any advice that you can. I am sad and scared. Thank you.
I'm no doctor, but you seem to be in chronic toxicity from that jaw and tooth that some idiot left in your head for some unknown reason.
I can see why the dentist didn't take out the roots but...who knows? It just might have solved the problem even if some systems became permanent...like dead zone in your face. I have one courtesy of a careless dentist and it has slowly cleared up.
I'd suggest checking out nutrition and de-toxing first. You may/probably have a severe calcium deficiency. If you've been on lots of antibiotics your intestinal flora may well be completely gone and needs to be replaced with lots of acidophilus/probiotics. Take these before during and after antibiotics. Yogurt helps too, eat lots of it or put it in a smoothie. YUM! A doctor will seldom tell you to do this.

I'd say concentrate on those things along with plenty of Vit C and I mean PLENTY. 5 grams day (at least) from powder mixed with water. not only will this detoxify you it will help prevent more infection.
Make sure your bowels are moving well and get lots of fiber, this cleans the intestines of lots of nasties.
Calcium doesn't help permanent teeth but it should help your jaw rebuild itself if your can get the infections cleared up. Be patient with your body. give it what it needs and it'll take care of the rest, but it may take awhile.
Try to calm down. Stress is a killer too

Good luck!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
(female)

cmoon HB User

Thank you for replying and for your suggestion. I really appreciate the advice. I will try all of those ideas.

I did have a cat scan on my jaw and it did show that I do not have a jaw bone infection, but it did show a severe erosion of the bone. It is thin and fragile. I do still have a lot of swelling in my right cheek/jaw area and my doctor is going to continue to investigate that with an MRI. I am so thankful that I have a doctor taking me serious. The migraines are horrible today and all I did yesterday was attempt a walk with my kids. This seems to be the pattern.
Along with the detox, I am also going to look into anti inflamitory foods. I want to stay away from medication if I can.
The other thing the doctor did tell me, is that a total jaw replacement will need to happen sometime in my future. Either when my jaw spontaneously breaks again, or when the quality of my life worsens. For now, I am trying all that I can to stop further erosion of my jaw and decrease the swelling in my cheek/jaw area of my face.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
(female)

Kass490 HB UserKass490 HB UserKass490 HB User

Yeah, you are lucky somebody is listening to you. I hope he can do something for you.
The healthier you are, the better the graft or replacement will work.
Sometimes we get to a point there's nothing to do but go ahead with the most extreme option.
I really feel for you. What you're going through is scary. Let's hope it stops soon

Closed Thread

Tags
dental, fracture, infection, jaw, nerves