It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User
Pimple Like Bump on Lower Gum

I just noticed a small pimple like bump on my lower gum. I mentioned it to my mom who doesn't seem to concerned since I just noticed it. She said to wait a few days and see what happens. It doesn't hurt. The area around it doesn't hurt either. The lightening where I am is really bad so I can't tell if it is red or not.

The only reason that I am concerned is because of where the bump is. It is right under a baby tooth that I still have that has a large filling in it. My dentist said that eventually the tooth would have to be surgically removed, but that as long as the filling is in I should be fine. A few weeks ago I noticed the area to be a little tender, but that came and went.

My mom said something like a canker sore. We had been eating out a lot lately since we are on vacation. I have been eating a lot of salty peanuts and spending a lot of time in the ocean so maybe that irritated it.

Any ideas out there?

Closed Thread