It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
(male)

KJacob HB User
Re: Wisdom teeth extraction

I want to add it was significantly worse almost 2 weeks ago and made it very difficult to open my mouth wide and has improved since then . But still.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
(male)

KJacob HB User
Wisdom teeth extraction

I had my wisdom teeth removed about three weeks ago and had two fallow up appointments. They said everything was healing fine both times. The problem is where my bottom right tooth was extracted I feel tightness still and it feels like somethings stuck in my cheek. I assumed it was stitches because it was the hardest tooth they had to remove but when I touch it it feels hard almost like theirs a bone or something. So far after looking online at different peoples experiences with this the closest explanation I can find is my cheek was stitched to my gums to help it heal. But wouldn't stitches of came out by now and why would it feel almost like a bone or something when I touch it? I have no pain, swelling, bleeding, and I can open my mouth and eat about everything I want. It's just a sometimes tight feeling and its like somethings between my cheek and gums. When I asked about it just last Thursday at my last fallow up appointment I was told the feeling should go away.

The oral surgents assistant or whatever was the one who checked both times and said it was nothing but did so incredibly quickly. Could this be a complication or something I should get checked out further or should I wait?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
(male)

KJacob HB User

I want to add it was significantly worse almost 2 weeks ago and made it very difficult to open my mouth wide and has improved since then . But still.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
It could be a small bone fragment. They are pretty common. Many times the tooth just doesn't come out in one piece and small fragments can remain.

Just give your dentist a call. I'm sure he has seen it many times. A quick trip back and he can easily remove it.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck and let us know how you do.
Gellia

Closed Thread